NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - more bowfishing fun 9/3
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 09:58 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: more bowfishing fun 9/3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanstaalin
Says who?? There you go making stuff up again hahahah. As long as my name is on the fish and game website I still hold the record in my opinion
Your record was broken back in February when Pawel Salamon caught a 50lb 13oz monster in NJ, and I broke Pawel's record in May with a 53lb 12oz fish. We are both tournament carp fisherman and accurately weighed each fish several times. I even weighed my fish on 2 scales to make sure, had 3 witnesses, and double checked each scale with weights when I got home. Neither one of us cares about seeing our name in the NJ fishing book, the health of the fish and the fishery is more important. 50 pound fish are extremely rare, only a handful of people in North America can say they are members of the 50 pound club. It is important to let those fish breed so their genetics are in the river for years to come, plus we want a shot at recapturing them when they weigh 60 pounds. Enjoy seeing your name in the book, I'd rather have the bragging rights and be featured in national and international carp magazines. Most serious carp anglers know the bar has been raised to 53.12, and they will release any new records...I can only hope people reading this would do the same. I don't lie about fish, and I have pics to prove it. If you compare these fish it's not even close. By the way, it looks like the mirror carp you caught had been dead for days. It's all dried out and the skin is peeling off. Sure you didn't find it on the bank?

Last edited by saxmatt; 09-04-2012 at 10:42 PM..