NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - Funny Story... still laughing...
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 02:47 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Funny Story... still laughing...

I hit the Passaic River up at 2 bridges around 6pm yesterday.... Long story short, I casted a T-rigged weight less senko and wasnt paying attention and I landed in a tree.... I wasnt really paying attention to my senko as I was studying on how I could yank my line out of the tree without getting snagged... my senko was about 6 inches out of the water just dangling as I was moving my line to attempt to pull out of tree.. Well, wouldnt you believe it... a decent size (2lb +) smallie jumped out of the water and nailed the senko clean in the air which landed back in the water and pulled my line out the tree.... but wait, it doesnt stop there.... as i am reeling in the smallie in I get it about 6ft from shore when out of nowhere a huge PIKE (estimate at least 45") comes out of nowhere and slammed this smallie on the side taking it side sideways... It was the most incredible thing I have ever seen... the pike had the smallie and was trying to run with it and refused to let go... I managed to reel the smallie and Pike to me at the shore but I as I attempted to grab the pike at the back of the neck he finally let go... If I had my net I could netted both but I left it in the truck as I wasnt expecting to catch any pike.... the smallie had huge gashes on the sides.. Ill post pic of the smallie and its gash in a few....