NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - Switched Hook Cost Fish.......
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 08:15 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Switched Hook Cost Fish.......

that sucks.. i hate when that happens.

i guess you are referring to numb 4 gama WITH THE SHORT SHANK??

i love that hook with live bait. i always go with the short shank at gin clear reservoirs like MC

dont mean to make this about me but what happens to me alot is i tend to use a 6 or 8 size at MC or the valley only bec i hav it in my mind that the fish will hit a smaller hook before they will hit a bigger hook like a size 4 for example

for whatever stupid reason.. i used to use size 10 hook fishing for smallmouth with herring for bait and it always worked for a better presentation to the fish, esp with conditioned smallies.. HOWEVER.. i lost 50% of all my 4 and 5 lbers up there on the small hooks.. but its a catch 22 for me bec i really believe that i get much more hook ups with the smaller hooks bec its just a more natural presentation i think

just go with your gut is my advice... confidence like in golf, is huge in our fishing success.

wow that was the biggest reply i think i ever wrote.. maybe its the beers flowing nicely.. lol