NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - Merrill Creek lake trout:
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 05:04 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Lightbulb Re: Merrill Creek lake trout:

The fishing and all the bait crashed at Round Valley after they stocked thousands of lake trout. I remember at Round Valley when they used to CLOSE the parking lot by 10am, it was packed, it was the big brown trout that people wanted.

Now annually 3500 lake trout go into Merrill Creek when there is KNOWN natural reproduction ! It will be just a matter of time till all the forage is gone and all the fish look like tooth picks.

It took F&G 8 years to figure out that Round Valley had naturural reproduction of lake trout, by then it was too late. Now in a desperate act they are trying to get rid of all the lake trout in Round Valley.

Don't hail to me, if I see something I don't like or I do like I write letters and make phone calls. You can sit on your hands and complain if you like, or post here and complain but it isn't gonna do you any good. We only have so many lakes in NJ, I don't want to see another get destroyed by lake trout.

........and pound for pound I will take a brown or rainbow any day over a lake trout.

Last edited by AndyS; 06-22-2012 at 08:10 PM..