NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - 1000 Islands NY Fishing Report
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 07:20 AM
Owner NJFishing.com

Default Re: 1000 Islands NY Fishing Report

That's the one Wilson!! For those interested here is the Panther Martin we've been using pretty much exclusively up in the 1000 Islands. We've caught everything from Smallies, Largemouth Pike and Muskies on it. We use number 9s for the weight and longer casts.

We were up several years ago and were having a tough time fishing. Threw eveything in the tackle box we had at them and couldn't buy a fish. Out of frustration, I went to the bait store looking for something different. I saw a guy pick one up so I decided to give it a try.

I get back on the fishing grounds and start hammering the fish while the rest of the guys were doing nothing. Needless to say they took notice, immediately raced eachother to 3 different tackle stores in the area causing a Panther Martin shortage

Very important to use low vis line up there too since the water is so clear. I used the 8 lb Berkley Vanish Floro in the Blue Box up there this past time and was pleased with it.

PS - I don't do a lot of fresh water fishing in NJ but have used this at my buddies place in Lake Hopatcong with good success on Smallies and the stockie trout too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Panther Martin.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	4.2 KB
ID:	48695  

Gerry Zagorski <><

Founder/Owner of NJFishing.com since 1997
Proud Supporter of Heroes on the Water
NJFishing@aol.com
Obsession
28 Carolina Classic
Sandy Hook Area

Last edited by Gerry Zagorski; 05-31-2012 at 07:29 AM..