NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - Manasquan River Trout - Not!
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 11:25 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Manasquan River Trout - Not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuz
I'm an old Newark boy myself. My family moved out of the Weequahic section when I was in the Navy. 1965. Still have old friends from Vailsburg. But they relocated since then. Beverly Jansak from 18th Ave. And the Townlen family from So. Munn Ave. (The apartments off So. Orange Ave.) Been friends with them since the middle 60's. Seems like last week I hung out in Vailsburg. Use to be a lot of good looking women in that area.
I think city boys have more respect for the country once we find it. I feel so lucky my street life took a right turn once I was introduced to fishing and hunting. I ended up spending all my money on bait, tackle, hunting equipment and boats. My Newark friends spent lots of money on booze and pot. Most sank their ships way too early. And the ones left look like s*** and are in poor health. Thank God for the outdoors he created us to enjoy!
Good luck fishing. Do you also hunt? Do you live in N.J.?
-Cuz-

My dad grew up on Norwood street about two miles the wrong way from Seton Hall University. My company moved our HQ from NJ to Los Angeles in November of 2008 and I went as well. I have lived in Redondo Beach, CA since then.