NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - Favorite Bucktail
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 10:49 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Favorite Bucktail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Jigger
MVP, Do it mold gives you the size for eyes and hooks that fits the jig you pour. Although they are stick ons, and need to be clear coated to secure the eyes, the recommended size for the mold up to 1.5oz is very small as are the hooks. As for the eyes I ordered 2 sizes larger then stated and they came out well. For larger hooks or other brands this may require alterations to the mold. The eyes glow just as much as the powder coat "looks like a night light in the bathroom." The nice thing is that if your convinced that the glow is attracting fish you can coat them any color in the glow powder, but i do find the white and chart to be the brightest. I will email you a pic if you want tomorrow. I just got sick of loosing the hair and paint on the spros after minimal use and now i can bounce a tighter wrapped product for less then half the price!
Jigger

Send me a pictures of your bucktails. I bought one of those spro type molds 3 years ago for 3-5 oz. I did not like the hook that they recommended for that mold as it was a huge Mustag hook that looked more like a shark hook to me. As you mentioned I would have had to alter the mold to have it fit a Gami style hook.
I decided to just return mold rather than screw it up.