NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey - View Single Post - Where the bay stripers went last year! Must read!!
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2010, 09:52 AM
Banned

Default Re: Where the bay stripers went last year! Must read!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishguts
How would you feel if people started saying the same statements about fluke ,blacks or seabass? 1 ten pound fluke is plenty, them little 22inchers hardly stretch the line.........Put a 19" size limit on seabass so it has some mystique....... dont keep a blackfish just give it a nice hug and take a picture Maximum sustainable yield should be the goal. Take what can be harvested and protect what can not. I feel bad that there are groups out there that want to take away my rights to harvest fish for no real reason (mortality,stock assessments,etc ) other than their personal preferences.

Fluke and seabass have always been panfish. I do think that the fluke fishery has actually improved drastically under the increased regs, however.

WRT blackfish, I fish those a lot and have watched the stock quality decrease. I would be more than happy to see size limits bounced up to 16 or 17" and quantity kept at 4... slot limit would also get applause from me.

Again, I have no financial stake in the game... which makes me different from a charter/party boat operation. My interest is quality of the fishery.

Last edited by Slacker; 01-30-2010 at 10:04 AM..