NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/index.php)
-   NJFishing.com Boating (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Best aluminum boat (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65230)

Riverbassfishing 11-07-2013 09:33 PM

Best aluminum boat

Fish a lot in the navesink out to the bay and the ocean when conditions are right. I looked at a duranautic 14' and it seems like a great boat. I am looking for a 14' boat cant go bigger or smaller. The one thing i never had in aluminum boats was a welded not ribbed hull.

Will

tautog 11-07-2013 09:41 PM

Re: Best aluminum boat

We had a 14 foot duranautic when I was a kid and it was a tough lil boat and moved like the wind with a 40hp. We would take it all the way off Sea Bright from the Rumson Ramp some days.

stevelikes2fish 11-08-2013 06:53 AM

The duranautic 14' is a great boat for that river. Spent a lot of time in that same boat several years ago. Use to put in behing the fair haven f.d.

M & J 11-08-2013 07:03 AM

A 14 is fine for the area and has a great range if u put a 25 to 40 hp on it. I my self borrow my buddies 18 foot aluminum crestliner in stead of taking out the 30 footer. I grew up on a island in maine and used those aluminum boats for everything. U will get weird looks from some " HIGHLINERS " in there 30 to 60 footers out around the hook but " F " them. Go find the fish and enjoy it. Just know ur limits with the weather. Oh and make sure it has a plug. Some do and some dont but a plug will help u on those windy days with the spray and cleaning the boat on the trailer. Go luck and I ll see you out there.

Bill T 11-08-2013 07:27 AM

I have fished on a friends 14 ft. duranautic & it is a good boat. We actually fish the navesink, Shrewsbury, & Manasquan rivers in it. However i also fished on a 14 ft. Lund this summer & found that to be a really great boat. Good luck, with your search.

Denlon 11-08-2013 09:13 AM

I have fished with my Dad in his 14 foot Duranautic in the Navasink and Shrewsbury rivers for many years. It's also acceptable in Raritan Bay and around the hook in the ocean on calm days.
It's a great boat!

Denny

NoLimit 11-08-2013 10:55 AM

What about the guy with the fold up boat that was fishing SH channel this Sept?!?

That is some serious fishermanning.

Anyways, you know that you are going to push it so you might as well go with the 16' and a deep vee - make sure you get the tall transom.

duranautic al 11-08-2013 12:50 PM

starcraft if u can find one

Detour66 11-08-2013 06:22 PM

A 16" Starcraft, Lund or Sea Nymph with a 20" transom. Power it with at least a 30 hp. These boats are great inshore boats that are versatile and fun to fish out of and very cost effective! Look in craigslist...there are plenty of them.

JBird 11-09-2013 10:34 AM

I've had a Lund for 13 years and I'm happy with it. It's 16 ft with a 30hp. I think a 14 would fly with the same power. I do about 20 knots with a light load. I took it from the river to Coney Island flats one day and burned 3 gallons of fuel:eek: