NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/index.php)
-   NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Sweet Water practice round 1st in 35 years! (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122562)

dales529 03-19-2024 11:30 AM

Sweet Water practice round 1st in 35 years!

2 Attachment(s)
So finally after 35 years took a run from the salt to the sweet. Cold front put the Crappie bite down a bit but got a few including one decent one. Also got a pickerel around 18". a dink LMB and some smallies. Out with good friends Mike and Tom.me and Mike in da boat and Tom in a Kayak. Mike got some ice crappies and a picture worthy SM . Tom caught as well both crappie and bass. Little cold and windy so not many pictures.

End of the trip and getting out of the wind on the other side threw a sand colored wacky worm on the jig and bobber towards the bank and bobber started going in all directions but down. Reeled up and around and Mike says lets see what u got. Now the heartbreak as the fish nears the surface and Mikes face lights up Holy S--t , Fish head breaks water and shakes the Jig. Mike says that was the biggest LMB he has seen in the lake in years of fishing! Guestimate well over 5lbs ouch. But for now just a story :(

Anyway now hooked on the sweet and back for revenge sooner than later to post a good one on the madness tourney!

FASTEDDIE29 03-19-2024 04:13 PM

Re: Sweet Water practice round 1st in 35 years!

Wowwwww! Great to see you holding a sweet water fish. This is awesome! Dont forget those Crappie are delicious out of the colder water. Well done guys!:D

Wilson 03-19-2024 05:25 PM

You finally have seen the light. 35 years :eek:
Option 3, GO Rangers :D

dales529 03-21-2024 10:28 AM

Thanks Eddie: More to come for sure!

Wilson: How are you? Yes took too long to get back into it but going to give it some real attention going forward.
LGR and LOL on option 3! Hope all is well!

Wilson 03-21-2024 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dales529 (Post 581877)
Thanks Eddie: More to come for sure!

Wilson: How are you? Yes took too long to get back into it but going to give it some real attention going forward.
LGR and LOL on option 3! Hope all is well!

I'm still waiting for my invite on the fluke outing:D

I am battling with hpv virus related throat cancer.
They say it's 95% curable....hope I'm in the 95.
The radiation treatments are murder though.

dales529 03-21-2024 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilson (Post 581878)

Hey: sorry to hear but wishing you the best as always. Getting Old SUCKS
Can get you out if you are up to it 09/10 or 09/17/ 2024 Fluke on the NSB green girl. Rest of the trips June - August are booked.

Wilson 03-21-2024 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dales529 (Post 581879)
Hey: sorry to hear but wishing you the best as always. Getting Old SUCKS
Can get you out if you are up to it 09/10 or 09/17/ 2024 Fluke on the NSB green girl. Rest of the trips June - August are booked.

Yep older is smarter but not always better!

Will let you know if I survive the remaining 17 treatments!.
If all goes will September should be doable and thanks.

Gerry Zagorski 03-21-2024 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dales529 (Post 581850)
So finally after 35 years took a run from the salt to the sweet. Cold front put the Crappie bite down a bit but got a few including one decent one. Also got a pickerel around 18". a dink LMB and some smallies. Out with good friends Mike and Tom.me and Mike in da boat and Tom in a Kayak. Mike got some ice crappies and a picture worthy SM . Tom caught as well both crappie and bass. Little cold and windy so not many pictures.

End of the trip and getting out of the wind on the other side threw a sand colored wacky worm on the jig and bobber towards the bank and bobber started going in all directions but down. Reeled up and around and Mike says lets see what u got. Now the heartbreak as the fish nears the surface and Mikes face lights up Holy S--t , Fish head breaks water and shakes the Jig. Mike says that was the biggest LMB he has seen in the lake in years of fishing! Guestimate well over 5lbs ouch. But for now just a story :(

Anyway now hooked on the sweet and back for revenge sooner than later to post a good one on the madness tourney!

Must have been cold since the only cold ones I see in these photos are you guys :D

Gerry Zagorski 03-21-2024 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilson (Post 581878)

You got this Wilson... Feel better soon!

Mikey topaz 03-22-2024 06:30 PM

Good to see out and on your A game dale! Catch ‘em up buddy!