NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/index.php)
-   NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   50 out of state cars filled the lot this weekend at Studdiford (The new 206 bridge.?) (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113301)

RiverRat77 07-29-2020 12:03 PM

50 out of state cars filled the lot this weekend at Studdiford (The new 206 bridge.?)

I just saw the pictures that some people who live by Studdiford Bridge took. Around 50 cars overflowing the lot this past weekend. Vast amount were out of state plates. There are pictures of a wall of people in the water drinking and yes grilling inside the river!
I am sure many of you saw what happened to Somerville/206 bridge.
There is all the information anyone needs to see on Hillsborough's Facebook page.
My understanding authorities were called but refused to do anything about it.
Andy I am sure you don't wanna go back to Studdiford for a grill and some more Johnny Walker bottles.
If local authorities won't do anything about it, is that it? What can be done to stop it?
It could move on down Opie and tear the river up!

RiverRat77 07-29-2020 12:05 PM

Re: 50 out of state cars filled the lot this weekend at Studdiford (The new 206 bridg

I don't have Facebook or I would have posted the disturbing pictures.

thmyorke1 07-29-2020 01:14 PM

Re: 50 out of state cars filled the lot this weekend at Studdiford (The new 206 bridg

Seems typical, outdoor parties on the river wont stop until every access point large enough is closed or it gets cooler.

Looks like closing down the rt 28 park on the North Branch and the 206/peters brook access didnt work, they just went elsewhere, and I think somewhere in high bridge there was a party?

I hope park rangers and local officials have better strategies as it's clear that closing spots doesnt wont work.

RiverRat77 07-29-2020 01:24 PM

So we just have to deal with this invasion? SUCKS!!

thmyorke1 07-29-2020 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverRat77 (Post 550876)
So we just have to deal with this invasion? SUCKS!!

I hope not, i havent been reading into the occurrences and the responses, I just know I have less options for river access now until fall.

akoop 07-29-2020 01:50 PM

There is a county park in my town that got inundated with out of staters about 3 weeks ago. They left so much trash, set a dumpster on fire and even tried to create a swimming hole by building a rock dam across a small wild trout stream that the county has closed the park. I originally read that it was going to be closed for 2 weeks while they "corrected" the issues but as of yesterday it is still closed. Yellow police tape across the trail entrances, gates closed at the parking areas, etc.

When the park police asked one of the out of staters why they came to this small park the answer was "We saw some posts on social media about how nice it was". So they came and trashed it!

RiverRat77 07-29-2020 02:10 PM

Oh wow!
That sounds like what happened at the 206 bridge in Somerville on the Raritan. Took a dumpster and a lot of volunteer hours to clean it up.
Dirty diapers, just nasty.

AndyS 07-29-2020 10:16 PM

Not much I can do sitting in Apex North Carolina. Bomb FB with photos if you can and reach out to Central Jersey Stream Team and Raritan Headwaters Association with any questions you might have.

Mark B. 07-30-2020 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverRat77 (Post 550867)
I just saw the pictures that some people who live by Studdiford Bridge took. Around 50 cars overflowing the lot this past weekend. Vast amount were out of state plates. There are pictures of a wall of people in the water drinking and yes grilling inside the river!
I am sure many of you saw what happened to Somerville/206 bridge.
There is all the information anyone needs to see on Hillsborough's Facebook page.
My understanding authorities were called but refused to do anything about it.
Andy I am sure you don't wanna go back to Studdiford for a grill and some more Johnny Walker bottles.
If local authorities won't do anything about it, is that it? What can be done to stop it?
It could move on down Opie and tear the river up!

Today, my brother road his bicycle through that area. He said there are "No Parking" signs plastered everywhere and yellow tape strung up.

RiverRat77 07-31-2020 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark B. (Post 550940)
Today, my brother road his bicycle through that area. He said there are "No Parking" signs plastered everywhere and yellow tape strung up.

More river access gone.