NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/index.php)
-   NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   River Muskie and a River Rescue (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121672)

Pondhopper8 09-30-2023 10:29 AM

River Muskie and a River Rescue

Took off work Thursday and headed down to the river for a Muskie hunt. Got on the water mid morning and connected with a nice fish shortly after. Got her released back in the water and I hear someone yelling. I yell back and I see a guy standing on the bank hollering about some kids overturned in a canoe upriver and one is possibly injured. I scoop him up and shoot up river to find a canoe group and a couple had gotten into a fallen tree and overturned. One girl hurt her knee pretty bad and the others were freezing cold. We got them in the boat, back to the ramp and warmed up in a truck before heading to get her leg look at. I got back out and saw a guy in a kayak having some electrical issues with his trolling motor. I’ve been there before, so I offer to tow him back to the ramp and told him to hop in and we did some walleye fishing. Caught one short and missed a few others. Shared some fishing stories and tips. Crazy day on the river!! The Delaware never disappoints!https://i.postimg.cc/Pq6TRCR3/68-B8-...-EF4-C3315.jpg

icebadger 10-01-2023 01:04 PM

Re: River Muskie and a River Rescue

Nice fish, you are a good person for helping those people out.. the big "D" is a bad place to have trouble. you are in for some good karma heading your way. keep up the good work..

Capt. Lou 10-01-2023 07:44 PM

That beautiful catch takes a lowly second to the required assistance you provided !Good job !

AndyS 10-01-2023 08:52 PM

Wow !

crewchief2 10-02-2023 06:26 AM

Way to show what great people fisherman are!!

Gerry Zagorski 10-02-2023 08:16 AM

Great fish and rescue! Towing the yaker and then putting him on some Walleye? You sir get the above and beyond award and some good fishing ju ju is coming your way for sure!

Nicely done!

Godrew1972 10-02-2023 10:54 AM

Great story, nice picking up the yak guy and taking him fishing after he had boat issues. That's quality story. Good karma goes a long way.

Broad Bill 10-02-2023 12:44 PM

Amazing story fortunately with a great ending. When you were out there did you happen to come across Fast Eddie stuck on a rock:D? You would have had the grand slam that day!

In all seriousness, heroic effort and goes to show how dangerous even a leisurely trip on big water can be and two how important it is to help people in trouble. You sir are a good man and more than ever we need more people in this world with big hearts!

Helluva a story to put it mildly! You made some lifelong friends that day and the powers to be were shining down on the people you saved. Wouldn't have taken much for a completely different outcome. Again great report, awesome job and beautiful musky by the way to top it all off!

Pondhopper8 10-02-2023 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broad Bill (Post 578881)
Amazing story fortunately with a great ending. When you were out there did you happen to come across Fast Eddie stuck on a rock:D? You would have had the grand slam that day!

In all seriousness, heroic effort and goes to show how dangerous even a leisurely trip on big water can be and two how important it is to help people in trouble. You sir are a good man and more than ever we need more people in this world with big hearts!

Helluva a story to put it mildly! You made some lifelong friends that day and the powers to be were shining down on the people you saved. Wouldn't have taken much for a completely different outcome. Again great report, awesome job and beautiful musky by the way to top it all off!

Delaware river can ruin your day in an instant for sure! I lost my boat for a few months last year due to a rock hit. I was happy I could help but I hope my next trip is a little less eventful! Lol

catfishonthelake 10-03-2023 09:38 AM

Gorgeous fish and a good Samaritan. Well done bro!