NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/index.php)
-   NJFishing.com Boating (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The end of a era! (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50838)

Detour66 07-29-2012 07:23 PM

The end of a era!

I have been a boat owner for more than 20 years. I decided to sell my boat for varies reasons the main one was it just started to cost me too much $$$. Between sky high fuel prices and everything else it just didn't make sense anymore. Now I feel like a fish out of water and I have to adjust to the fact that I am boat-less. It's one thing to go on a PB or CB but being a Capt of your own boat is great. I know I will be fine but it's gonna take some time. The old saying about "The 2 happiest days" didn't apply here but ya gotta do what ya gotta do !! K

Bergen Angler 07-30-2012 08:10 AM

Re: The end of a era!

I have been considering buying a boat. What are the pros and cons of owning a boat?

bunker dunker 07-30-2012 08:40 AM

i feel your pain but it gets easier.i started doing the party boat thing and i have to tell ya its nice getting off the boat and not have to worry about anything.no more being stuck there alone to clean a 30 footer after a good day of bluefishing.

Capt. Debbie 07-30-2012 10:14 AM

Thats a book unto itself.

Trailering issues with storage and moving it around.

In water- sinking at dock.

Insurance (if you chose)
Gear
Repairs
Bait
Gas
Manitenance.

Depends how often you use it. And where you go with it. (Fuel costs, engine hours ( & Repairs))

Boat stuff just breaks. Misuse it NOT the only reason things bust. :))

Owning a boat is never a cost saver. But it's a freedom exercise and skill test too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bergen Angler
I have been considering buying a boat. What are the pros and cons of owning a boat?

bunker dunker 07-30-2012 10:53 AM

B.o.a.t. Bust Out Another Thousand

broken bobber 07-30-2012 11:17 AM

by a set of clubs... cheaper and less drama....:D ...... if i need a crew will drop u a line

local fisherman 07-30-2012 08:15 PM

I feel your pain I'm in same boat ,my boat is on the block also!

Detour66 07-30-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broken bobber
by a set of clubs... cheaper and less drama....:D ...... if i need a crew will drop u a line

I really don't think golf is in my future but I really do like the idea of going fishing with you guys if you need a crew member! Thanks !!

Detour66 07-30-2012 09:36 PM

Hey guys... thanks for the comments.... I must continue to remember.... I gave up my boat.... not fishing!!

Detour66 07-30-2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bergen Angler

Pro's .... freedom.... going where and when you want... really way too many to say !!

Cons.... expensive... finding crew that helps you... did I say expensive! :D

But it really is a lot of fun!