NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/index.php)
-   NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   I won the Raritan River award !! (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96959)

AndyS 06-06-2017 06:56 PM

I won the Raritan River award !!

2 Attachment(s)
Andy,
I am pleased to inform you that you will be receiving an award at the Sustainable Raritan Conference for Citizen Action. Congratulations!
The awards will be handed out at the Sustainable Raritan Conference this Friday, June 9 at 12:00pm at the Douglass Student Center, Rutgers, 100 George Street, New Brunswick.

Hit me like a tidal wave about 6 years ago. Starting going to Raritan river meetings. Started looking at all things Raritan river and told fellow anglers we may be missing something here. Got involved with Rutgers and PIT tagging shad, went to more meetings, started to go to F&G meetings. Ran into Central Jersey Stream Team by accident and joined forces with them. Peeled off and got help whenever I could and got just about the entire North Branch cleaned and part of the Lamington. Went on a spree going to Trout Unlimited meetings and talking to fellow fishermen about the Raritan river. I talk to whoever I can about the Raritan river and not to be afraid of the river. The river is GREAT. My thanks go out to everyone fishing the river and keeping it healthy.

Jigman13 06-06-2017 07:30 PM

Re: I won the Raritan River award !!

The river keeper getting the recog he certainly deserves. I applaud your efforts Andy. I've been selfishly reaping the benefits and rewards of a cleaner river since you started your clean ups. Kudos man. Good karma to you!

tycomps 06-06-2017 08:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Who else could it go to but Saint Andrew, the patron Saint of the Raritan River!

Congratulations, your tireless efforts (pun intended) are greatly appreciated!

ps- here it is! :D

Moz 06-06-2017 08:18 PM

Well done Andy. Very happy for you and your efforts getting well earned recognition.

meatwad555 06-06-2017 08:44 PM

Congrats and thanks for all you do.

Gerry Zagorski 06-06-2017 09:08 PM

Well deserved Andy, congrats brother!!

icebadger 06-06-2017 09:37 PM

god bless and congrats andy,your are doing a great job. you absolutely deserve the award

troutaholic 06-06-2017 09:43 PM

Congrats to you , well deserve.. I learned about you on this site . I want to thank you , for opening my eyes to litter on our rivers an streams . I now find myself picking up litter every time I leave the streams . again thank you . god bless you

thmyorke1 06-06-2017 11:51 PM

Well deserved! Mr Raritan himself!

Wilson 06-07-2017 05:15 AM

Congratulations on your achievement. What is the award...a gold plated tire:D