NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/index.php)
-   NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Where should I fish this weekend!? (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105446)

Hookmanski 10-01-2018 02:28 PM

Where should I fish this weekend!?

I finally have a completely free weekend!! No work, no concerts, no plans with the woman, so that means its TIME TO FISH!

I can't decide what I want to do! Should I take the yak out for a river float? Or should i take it to a lake/reservoir? Maybe abandon the yak and wade for some river trout? I CAN'T DECIDE! No matter what, I'll just be happy to be on the water. With my new job i had less time to fish this summer so I'm excited to have a whole weekend free for it.

If anyone is free and wants to meet up this weekend shoot me a message! I'm willing to drive pretty much anywhere in the state. Let me know if you want to fish!

Hope everyone and their families are happy and healthy. Tight lines!!

thmyorke1 10-01-2018 02:38 PM

Re: Where should I fish this weekend!?

Raritan smallmouth sir. That is if rain doesn't flood the river again lol.

If you haven't floated the Raritan, now would be a good time. I wouldn't mind giving you a ride back to your launch point, I'll wade fish.

AndyS 10-01-2018 05:50 PM

What County do you live in ?

ALS Mako 10-01-2018 08:30 PM

the delaware is beautiful this time of year. i would do a nice kayak float up in the gap. just sayin

Hookmanski 10-02-2018 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyS (Post 517632)
What County do you live in ?

I’m in Passaic county now but grew up in hunterdon, but I’m willing to drive pretty much anywhere in the state!

Hookmanski 10-02-2018 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALS Mako (Post 517648)
the delaware is beautiful this time of year. i would do a nice kayak float up in the gap. just sayin

I would LOVE to do a float on the big D, but I’ve never done it before and don’t have any fishing buddies to go with me to show me the ropes! Someday...

AndyS 10-02-2018 07:07 PM

Before you do any float trips, check the USGS gauges, they can be VERY helpful.

icebadger 10-02-2018 07:56 PM

you might want to try for hybrids or walleyes on the cong. or you could try for some smallmouths at splitrock if you are feeling adventurous.

Hookmanski 10-06-2018 12:48 AM

I think I’m feeling adventurous and I’m gonna hit spiltrock! Report to follow, thanks for the input guys!

sbalewitz74 10-06-2018 11:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Go toggin!

Jigman13 10-07-2018 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbalewitz74 (Post 517918)
Go toggin!

Nice. Cant wait to get started on togs!