NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/index.php)
-   NJFishing.com Best Of (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   PUOSU VIII - 12/12 and 12/19 (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84672)

Scotty 12-11-2015 06:05 PM

Re: Put up or shut up viii odds

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveTats (Post 430117)
DRod won last year, he was no longshot. . Prob had 5:2 odds!

Good luck buddy.

Even 6 sigma is wrong in 3 of a million samples

dales529 12-11-2015 06:08 PM

Re: PUOSU VIII - 12/12 and 12/19

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmurr711 (Post 430242)
Tomorrow is Put Up Or Shut Up what once was a group of toggers rounded up by a charismatic Napoleonic leader has turned into so much more. That charismatic leader was taken from us way to soon & now Put Up Or Shut Up has evolved into something much more important than a tog tournament it is to honor the memory of Michael M Wells aka Life's a Beach. I remember meeting Mike on the norma k about 12 years ago & he took me under his wing. Mike helped me immensely throughout the years whether it was "lending" me a rod & reel ( he never would take em back), the LAB payment plan for trips where I just had to carry all of his stuff, get him lunch, tie his hooks & just be his butler lol & even just calling me once in awhile to check on me & bust my balls about Philly sports teams. Tomorrow is not about who catches the most or biggest blackfish its about remembering Mike. I miss you old timer & hope you are looking down on & ridiculing all of us

Exactly and very well put JMurr. Great social event, evidence of the quality of people this site generates and a tribute to LAB every year which is well deserved for that man. I have posted this before but I first met LAB during my very first year on the site and running my first SSFFF Trip.
He met me by surprise at the dock after my striper charter with cawfee and a donation Rod for my fundraiser trip just to introduce himself. From there we corresponded often about all things fishing and some general family stuff. I once asked him how he filled his trips so fast when I couldn't . A typical LAB quote: " you are too nice to them, you have to insult them and then they will come to prove you wrong" I miss HIM, the debates, the good will he shared always without accepting a thing in return and his passion. That's why you GO on this trip!

Glad to see you and Vinnie are getting out often and killing it with Capt Hank and others. Great job on the odds as well. Cant wait to see the vicious dogfish filleting (never knew a dehooker filleted fish before), and the half bushel of whites or greenies on Ragu's hoodie during his first nap
See you nut jobs in the AM!

SaltLife1980 12-11-2015 07:06 PM

See everyone in the AM.. Ill be the one catching all the fish!:D:eek:

jmurr711 12-11-2015 07:16 PM

it is with a heavy heart i make this announcement...................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ........

I WILL NOT BE KEEPING ANY DOGFISH

I WILL EXPLAIN IN THE MORNING

jmurr711 12-11-2015 07:17 PM

Re: Put up or shut up viii odds

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotty (Post 430305)
even 6 sigma is wrong in 3 of a million samples

ladies & gents,

scooooooooooooootttttttttteeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrr

Wilson 12-11-2015 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dales529 (Post 430307)
Exactly and very well put JMurr. Great social event, evidence of the quality of people this site generates and a tribute to LAB every year which is well deserved for that man. I have posted this before but I first met LAB during my very first year on the site and running my first SSFFF Trip.
He met me by surprise at the dock after my striper charter with cawfee and a donation Rod for my fundraiser trip just to introduce himself. From there we corresponded often about all things fishing and some general family stuff. I once asked him how he filled his trips so fast when I couldn't . A typical LAB quote: " you are too nice to them, you have to insult them and then they will come to prove you wrong" I miss HIM, the debates, the good will he shared always without accepting a thing in return and his passion. That's why you GO on this trip!

Glad to see you and Vinnie are getting out often and killing it with Capt Hank and others. Great job on the odds as well. Cant wait to see the vicious dogfish filleting (never knew a dehooker filleted fish before), and the half bushel of whites or greenies on Ragu's hoodie during his first nap
See you nut jobs in the AM!

Ok here s a shameless grub, if anyone can spare a fillet or two so I can keep my wife happy I would appreciate it. And before you can say it....Yeah she's cheap to keep

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/a...pse3d18b7f.jpg

Ninja fillet'er

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/a...psd73bb84c.jpg

shrimpman steve 12-11-2015 07:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Had a 10+ On the OE today. Will miss ALL of you. Good luck and have fun

jmurr711 12-11-2015 07:33 PM

i'm sure someone will Wilson so long as you take about 500 pics of me

kurtisb 12-11-2015 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilson (Post 430324)
Ok here s a shameless grub, if anyone can spare a fillet or two so I can keep my wife happy I would appreciate it. And before you can say it....Yeah she's cheap to keep

Wilson, you can have what ever I catch. Hope I get one.

kurtisb 12-11-2015 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrimpman steve (Post 430325)
Had a 10+ On the OE today. Will miss ALL of you. Good luck and have fun

Jig or hermit?