NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/index.php)
-   NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Crappie weather all weekend (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112025)

bunker dunker 03-30-2020 05:37 AM

Crappie weather all weekend

hit the cong at 6:30am saturday to find the Crappie ready to eat.we limited by 7:30am and left them biting at 10:40am.mostly crappie with a few gills,shiners and perch.went back up around 4pm only to find a slow pick.hit 4 spots but i guess they ate enough in the morning so i called it 6:30pm.sunday right back up at 6:30am only to find the wind right in my face at the spot we had them the day before.tried to fish but the wind just kept me from doing what i needed to do so off to the next spot.this next spot i try is one i have not fished yet this year but it was out of the wind and that was all that i needed.as i walk up i can see allot of surface activity and start casting.it was not long before i am tight with a good slab.it was not a red hot bite but a good steady pick the kept me there till 11am.all fish released and i headed home.around 2:30 i get a call from my older son and he wants to go out in the boat so i say sure and back to the lake.we left the dock at 3:20 and headed to our first spot which was not to far.
we take a few casts and nothing so we make a short move and its game on.we had a good steady bite of all good crappie.this lasted about an hour then died out so we made a move only to find dead water and i mean dead.so we head back to where we were catching and start to pick and pluck a few fish.my son takes a cast away from were we were picking and the bobber disappears on contact,a nice slab.i make a cast to the same area and hook up
right away.my son say lets move the boat a little and it was cast and reel fishing.we had doubles most of the time with a mix of all size crappie.was the best bite i was in this spring.we fished till 6:30 and left them biting.the weather was crap but the bite was good.stay well

FASTEDDIE29 03-30-2020 10:08 AM

Re: Crappie weather all weekend

If the sun would come out once in a while that would be great. I kinda feel like we live in Seattle with all the wet weather lately. It is March though. The craziest month of the year. Glad you got into them and surprised I haven’t run into you up there yet. Tight LINEZ BD! Be safe!!!:D

thmyorke1 03-30-2020 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FASTEDDIE29 (Post 545097)
If the sun would come out once in a while that would be great. I kinda feel like we live in Seattle with all the wet weather lately. It is March though. The craziest month of the year. Glad you got into them and surprised I haven’t run into you up there yet. Tight LINEZ BD! Be safe!!!:D

So true. Fished both days this weekend and was starting to get the blues with the rain and lack of sun.

But damn am i thankful the weather is cooperating just enough to catch some biguns :D some years march can be a blow out, freeze, etc.

Mikey topaz 03-30-2020 05:21 PM

This up and down and back and forth weather sucks!! We had same conditions Sunday pick !pick !pick!