NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/index.php)
-   NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   great crappie hunting this weekend (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102049)

bunker dunker 04-09-2018 08:25 AM

great crappie hunting this weekend

started out 7am saturday morning.it was 25 degrees and windy so i found a spot
out of the wind and began casting.1st cast and i get a nice slab and figure i picked a good spot.2nd cast and another nice crappie and then it slowed.i pick and plucked for the next 90 minutes.i then get a call from my son saying he is coming to pick me up in the boat and we are going to try a new area.forty five minutes later we drop anchor and it is a fish-a cast.this cove must have been paved with them as it did not matter what you were using.the best part was we were all alone for hours.we left them biting at 3pm with a good limit of big crappie and headed home.up early on sunday and of we go to the same cove.it started slow with a fish here and there.all of the sudden like someone thru a switch and we were right back in them.the fish were on the small side and you had to weed thru the pups to get the good ones.we fished till 12:30 and again left them biting.we even managed a few trout but let them go.all and all another great weekend fishing the cong with my sons.

JDTuna 04-09-2018 09:01 AM

Re: great crappie hunting this weekend

Veey nice!!!

icebadger 04-09-2018 11:44 PM

yeah i heard that you guys crushed em to. i was going to that spot you spoke of then saw my friend at the launch and chose to go back to where we left em hitting on saturday and was glad i did.

FASTEDDIE29 04-10-2018 07:14 AM

On the meat as always! Sounds like you and the boys had a nice Crappie dinner this weekend.

bunker dunker 04-10-2018 07:40 AM

panko + crappie = GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! just a great eating fish when they come from the cold water.

jmurr711 04-11-2018 03:09 PM

i used to catch crappies now I am a striper angler :(

bunker dunker 04-11-2018 03:28 PM

sorry to hear Joe,hope you get better.my son wants you to come up and show
him how to catch them philly style.

jmurr711 04-11-2018 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bunker dunker (Post 505447)
sorry to hear Joe,hope you get better.my son wants you to come up and show
him how to catch them philly style.

I was talking to him the other day pics made me so jealous & they are edible out of your lakes! cockolla ponds have just sucked down here this year. I am gonna keep trying though, have seen some cormorants in them which I am really unhappy about

henro 04-11-2018 03:47 PM

I'll be on the big pond tomorrow morning with my brother. Hoping we can find some slabs eating.

bunker dunker 04-12-2018 07:29 AM

anytime Joe,would be our pleasure.all good eating this time of year before the
water temps get to high.