NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/index.php)
-   NJFishing.com Non Fishing (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   14 days smoke free (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66730)

shrimpman steve 01-14-2014 10:59 PM

14 days smoke free

Quit smoking on New Year's Day. Yes I went to the electronic cig, but haven't had a real one in two weeks! Will start cutting the nicotine percentage down this week and hope to be off the e-cig in six to eight weeks. I've smoked since I was 17 and the dr. Told me if I don't quit now I will be on oxygen in my latter years.

I haven't gone this long without a smoke since I started! I know it's not a fishing report but I am stoked about quitting.

AndyS 01-14-2014 11:56 PM

Re: 14 days smoke free

1 Attachment(s)

TDaly25 01-15-2014 12:44 AM

Shrimpman, that is OUTFREAKINGSTANDING! Nice that youre doing what you can to be around as long as possible for your family and friends.

I used to smoke 3 packs a day before going cold turkey over 20 years ago - best thing I ever did. Stay strong, its not easy!

reason162 01-15-2014 02:24 AM

Good job Steve! One word of advice: don't put yourself on a clock to quit the ecig. For all intents and purposes, you've QUIT smoking. I'm vaping still, but haven't had a *real* cigarette in 3 years. As far as I'm concerned, vaping and not smoking are the same thing.

Best of luck!

-roger

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrimpman steve (Post 341892)
Quit smoking on New Year's Day. Yes I went to the electronic cig, but haven't had a real one in two weeks! Will start cutting the nicotine percentage down this week and hope to be off the e-cig in six to eight weeks. I've smoked since I was 17 and the dr. Told me if I don't quit now I will be on oxygen in my latter years.

I haven't gone this long without a smoke since I started! I know it's not a fishing report but I am stoked about quitting.

fishingmortgageman 01-15-2014 05:58 AM

Great news Shrimp. I am proud of you and keep it up.

Sharkyispy 01-15-2014 06:22 AM

Awesome Steve. Keep going man. Each day gets a little easier, keep yourself occupied to keep your mind off it as well. I'm 17 years free myself after being a 3 pack a day smoker. You can kick it! Life savers, gum, mints also help instead of the e cig............

spyro 01-15-2014 06:36 AM

14 years would be something .... :eek:

crabby 01-15-2014 06:45 AM

i used to smoke 2 packs a day quit 19 years ago , the best thing i ever did!!!!! stick with it , its not easy but well worth it , when you really want a ciggarete you just can't do it , the urge will go away

shrimpman steve 01-15-2014 07:01 AM

Thanks guys! I'm tryin!

Don't want to walk around with an oxygen bottle!

A good quality ecig is definitely helping.

SplitShot 01-15-2014 07:02 AM

Great News Steve!! Keep it up.... just think of all the tackle you can buy with that extra money now!!!:D