NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/index.php)
-   NJFishing.com Boating (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Neptune Marina (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53024)

HOUND DOG 09-22-2012 05:42 PM

Neptune Marina

I have a boat in this marina and have not had electric all year? I have e mailed Tim the manager and the Mayor but no replys. I would go to the harbor meeting but I am 2 hours away. You think that they would have better customer service and communicate with paying customers. Does anybody know what is going on with this place?

dfish28 09-22-2012 08:15 PM

Re: Neptune Marina

Which side- shark river hills or at the north channel on Neptune side?

HOUND DOG 09-23-2012 03:00 PM

Shark River Municipal Marina
149 South Riverside Drive Neptune

cukes 09-23-2012 05:32 PM

This place has been nothing but fairy tales and lies since 2006. They promise the world and can't deliver. Nobody knows what they are doing or where they are going. Biggest story tellers are the people who have boats there. Do yourself a favor and leave. Those extension cords are illegal. Monmouth Marine is the worst, a real inept bunch of crooks.

HOUND DOG 09-23-2012 07:18 PM

I complained to the Mayor about the cords being a trip hazard. No reply from him. The boards on the docks are not compleated and I heard the docks are too far out in the river. I can not even have the kids down at night due to no lights.

cukes 09-23-2012 08:00 PM

You have to complain to the state, DEP and get an inspector there. Complaining to the township is a waste of time. The new poles were also put in incorrectly. Wait till this winter freeze whan they all lift up.

Capt. Debbie 09-24-2012 09:57 AM

Why would the DEP care about extension cords on a dock or lack of shore power for renters? Or even how piles are not set deep enough?

Quote:

Originally Posted by cukes
You have to complain to the state, DEP and get an inspector there. Complaining to the township is a waste of time. The new poles were also put in incorrectly. Wait till this winter freeze whan they all lift up.

cukes 09-24-2012 04:18 PM

The electrical extensions run from the main building to all over the docks are a safety hazard. They have nothing to do with the pikings but it will be funny if there is a lot of ice this winter and the poles sway now when you lean against them, a real joke.

HOUND DOG 09-24-2012 07:57 PM

Not to keep beating a dead horse but this place did alot people worng. If this was a private marina the code officer would be there every day writting fines. I am a firm belever in customer service and Tim O'Connor; Marina Supervisor has none.
With that said, the Township started out with a good plan to open the marina and they had a lot of work to fix it up. Lying to customers and township reidents is not the way run the marina. The township needs to look at changing the staff.

cukes 09-24-2012 11:09 PM

Going into the 7th year with this dump and they don't have a clue. Did you ever see the wonderful bathrooms? These are the first filthy things that should have been fixed.