NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/index.php)
-   NJFishing.com Boating (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Prestige Yacht Sales (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22856)

fin_s_guy 06-01-2010 11:06 AM

Prestige Yacht Sales

Anyone ever dealt with these guys? Looking to broker my fathers boat to offload this burden for my mother. The boat is currently located in Forked River so it would have to be dunked and driven up, and then put into a slip for a pending sale? :confused:

Today marks the one year passing of my father and I have got to get rid of this constant reminder....but trying to do up keep on my own house, running the family biz, and any assemblance of a personal life....the broker is the only way to go.

Thanks in advance
-Bob

sportfishingusa 06-01-2010 02:51 PM

Re: Prestige Yacht Sales

Sorry for what your going through Bob.. I dont know much about prestige, but i will be more then happy to run it up to where ever you need it to be docked.

We normally use a guy at clarks, his name is george, and he is pretty good at sales, not to mention this is a boat most people are really looking to buy!!

let me know how i can help!

captmark 06-01-2010 04:32 PM

try Comstocks in Brick they sell boats, a great broker and the moving of the boat is no problem, ask for Ralph in sales

Gerry Zagorski 06-02-2010 07:28 AM

I think perhaps your best bet is to interview them and ask them how they intend to market the boat. Are they going to take pictures and place ads in publications, listing it on internet sites etc? Get the details like how many places they list it, frequency etc. Compare them against eachother and I think you will find your answer.

You might also consider listing list it with a broker that sells Sea Rays.

mboy 06-03-2010 11:24 AM

I have an old friend I grew up with (friends with whole family) who I believe is over there.

I will get you his info.

I will also get you some info on a GREAT service to market the boat that is very very inexensive.

I will send it to you on FB.

Luna Sea 3 06-03-2010 02:07 PM

They sold my Luna Sea 3 for me. They take a commission like everyone else and they will take pictures, show the boat for you, and put the info on their website along with a few other sites, including boats.com and boattrader.com. You can also sell it yourself on those sites as well, but the broker will do all the foot work for you.

JamesGang 10-20-2010 10:38 AM

I second George Bossow at Clarks landing in Point Pleasant. A true professional, he has sold 3 boats for me and has also assisted in trade in and financing.

I have referred many people to him over the years. He has been there forever, so that tells you something.

fin_s_guy 10-20-2010 01:32 PM

Funny this thread should pop up. Reduced and still no takers. Have to pay for winter storage and re-asses my options for next year I guess.

Too bad...it's a sweet boat and I NEED to move it.

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/19...uiser-97082803

mboy 10-20-2010 02:11 PM

Nice, one of my best friends has a 370 and I go out on it frequently.

Aint gonna find anyone on this site to buy that kind of boat tho ;)

fin_s_guy 10-20-2010 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mboy
Nice, one of my best friends has a 370 and I go out on it frequently.

Aint gonna find anyone on this site to buy that kind of boat tho ;)

Yeah, I know. It's what I call a "wine and cheese" boat.

Just sucks having to shell out a couple grand to store her for another winter.