NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/index.php)
-   NJFishing.com Boating (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   2 Middle Fingers Up (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44669)

NorthJerzyG 03-22-2012 12:07 PM

2 Middle Fingers Up

To the state of NJ for making it impossible to register a boat. F*@K YOU!!

That is all..........

NorthJerzyG 03-22-2012 12:28 PM

Re: 2 Middle Fingers Up

First off, they won't accept my handwritten, notorized bill of sale. Citing not enough info (hin# which I have written down anyway). They tell me to take it to the lake hopatcong marina to get the hin#. Which I already have!!! So I ask to register the trailer. They say since the boat and trailer are on the same bill of sale, I should register them together. How can I tow the boat to the marina on an unregistered trailer!?! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

NorthJerzyG 03-22-2012 07:48 PM

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

dfish28 03-22-2012 07:56 PM

Register it as a home/made trailer and tell them there is no serial it will be much easier

NorthJerzyG 03-22-2012 08:10 PM

Funny cause when they said, homemade? I was like, no no, its store bought.....wish I knew................
F***************ck!!!!

NorthJerzyG 04-04-2012 10:31 AM

Well its official, I'm a seamen!! :cool: After 6 extremely frustrating tips to DMV, I'm finally registered. Here's a simple tip they were unable to tell all this time:

To register an untiltled (12ft or less) motorboat, u need a notorized bill of sale (typed or hand written) with the following info, year, make, model, vin#. Also, for boat and trailer packages, be sure to have a seperate letter for each one.

All they would do is say, well no year, next. Oh well, no model #, next. Had to get 5 different letters notorized. Very unhelpful, unpleasant bunch and I went to 3 different dmv locations.

surfrod 04-04-2012 12:09 PM

here's the problem: you kept calling them the DMV when they are now called the MVC

(What is the MVC?
In 2003, the Motor Vehicle Security and Customer Service Act was created to replace the Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) in New Jersey with a new and improved Motor Vehicle Commission. )

See, that ticks the workers off, then they don't want to help you :rolleyes: :D

NorthJerzyG 04-04-2012 04:20 PM

MVC is just a new way of sayin "same old sh!thole", lol.

JOHN D 04-04-2012 06:21 PM

i have the same problem, i cant register my boat because it was given to me by a friend who used it a long time ago and he dosent know the make model or year. so i figure i will just use it and if i get a ticket, its easier than going through the headache of finding all of this info

Trident 13 04-04-2012 07:44 PM

Same for me. 11'6" boat talked to DMV told me had to get coast guard or njsmp went to see them in sea bright told me with no title they could not do inspection those stupid ****ers don't know the laws 12ft and under does not need to be registered. Nj and u perfect together not nj state police can suck it don't do shit there in sea bright