NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/index.php)
-   NJFishing.com Best Of (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   PUOSU VIII - 12/12 and 12/19 (https://www.njfishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84672)

Gerry Zagorski 12-11-2015 08:06 AM

Re: PUOSU VIII - 12/12 and 12/19

Just a heads up...

As you've seen, we've had a few drops outs over the last several days. Rumor has it, we may have a few new comers to the site that want in on this trip so we can fill the 45 seats.

I've decided to do this for 2 reasons:
1) More money for the Wells family
2) Since we are paying for the boat based on headcount, I want to make sure to fill this trip to be fair to Bobby

Hope everyone is OK with that and please make an effort to make these folks feel welcome.

jmurr711 12-11-2015 10:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Tomorrow is Put Up Or Shut Up what once was a group of toggers rounded up by a charismatic Napoleonic leader has turned into so much more. That charismatic leader was taken from us way to soon & now Put Up Or Shut Up has evolved into something much more important than a tog tournament it is to honor the memory of Michael M Wells aka Life's a Beach. I remember meeting Mike on the norma k about 12 years ago & he took me under his wing. Mike helped me immensely throughout the years whether it was "lending" me a rod & reel ( he never would take em back), the LAB payment plan for trips where I just had to carry all of his stuff, get him lunch, tie his hooks & just be his butler lol & even just calling me once in awhile to check on me & bust my balls about Philly sports teams. Tomorrow is not about who catches the most or biggest blackfish its about remembering Mike. I miss you old timer & hope you are looking down on & ridiculing all of us

PaBeerGuy 12-11-2015 10:21 AM

That was a great memorial you shared Joe, nice job and great picture of Mikey.:D

Gerry Zagorski 12-11-2015 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmurr711 (Post 430242)
Tomorrow is Put Up Or Shut Up what once was a group of toggers rounded up by a charismatic Napoleonic leader has turned into so much more. That charismatic leader was taken from us way to soon & now Put Up Or Shut Up has evolved into something much more important than a tog tournament it is to honor the memory of Michael M Wells aka Life's a Beach. I remember meeting Mike on the norma k about 12 years ago & he took me under his wing. Mike helped me immensely throughout the years whether it was "lending" me a rod & reel ( he never would take em back), the LAB payment plan for trips where I just had to carry all of his stuff, get him lunch, tie his hooks & just be his butler lol & even just calling me once in awhile to check on me & bust my balls about Philly sports teams. Tomorrow is not about who catches the most or biggest blackfish its about remembering Mike. I miss you old timer & hope you are looking down on & ridiculing all of us

Perfectly said Murr.

Pink Avet Girl 12-11-2015 11:38 AM

Best of luck to you all tomorrow! :o

MVP 12-11-2015 11:44 AM

Quote:

Joe
For a guy who jokes around alot and is sometimes off the wall which i greatly enjoy. I have Mad props and respect for your post. Trust me when i say you will not find a more competitive guy who likes to WIN more than I, but when it comes to days like this it has very little to do with what your cooler looks like at the end of the Day. Your Odds just went up as i have now penciled you in to catch the second biggest Blackfish on the boat tomorrow:D

jmurr711 12-11-2015 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVP (Post 430252)
Joe
For a guy who jokes around alot and is sometimes off the wall which i greatly enjoy. I have Mad props and respect for your post. Trust me when i say you will not find a more competitive guy who likes to WIN more than I, but when it comes to days like this it has very little to do with what your cooler looks like at the end of the Day. Your Odds just went up as i have now penciled you in to catch the second biggest Blackfish on the boat tomorrow:D

just speaking the truth Alex & after your catch with TJ the other day & Joey Z hacking vegas is in adjustment..........

hartattack 12-11-2015 11:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

I'll be using one of Mike's reels tomorrow. It's a Lefty Avet - "why should I crank with my right hand if it's a conventional ? My left hand works just fine for Spinners". I bought it off of him for $100 NIB. When I asked him if he was taking a loss on it, he laughed and said "I traded $100 worth of Steaks to Bates for it. What I paid is what you paid".

Here's a pic of one of his infamous 'fence shots'. It's from before PUOSU I . .

River Rat 12-11-2015 01:02 PM

1 hook....

FASTEDDIE29 12-11-2015 01:34 PM

I look forward to reading this thread every year and I don't know what the HE££ a TOG is! The greatest fishermen and people on the east coast are right here on this site. What a brotherhood to be part of! Good luck to all you MANAICS tomorrow! Sharpen those hooks!

Toggin in T-shirts tomorrow? Interesting weather compared to last year, lol!:D