PDA

View Full Version : How long before ocean blackfishing returns?

wrktoomuch
09-19-2017, 07:24 PM
i was out early Monday morning at Shrewsbury Rocks and the Blacks were biting good before I thought it wise to get out of the ocean. For those experienced Blackfisherman, which I am not, how long will big seas like this screw up the fishing?

bulletbob
09-19-2017, 11:02 PM
Over the years, I have not had much luck for tog right after a few days of very rough, very dirty water.. I like to wait at least 2 days after it calms down.. Some guys fish the first day it calms down, but usually the bottom is still unsettled, and the bite off.. You have to fish when you can of course, but I usually wait 2 or more days after a nasty and prolonged blow.... bob

Gerry Zagorski
09-20-2017, 08:04 AM
Over the years, I have not had much luck for tog right after a few days of very rough, very dirty water.. I like to wait at least 2 days after it calms down.. Some guys fish the first day it calms down, but usually the bottom is still unsettled, and the bite off.. You have to fish when you can of course, but I usually wait 2 or more days after a nasty and prolonged blow.... bob

Good rule of thumb there especially when it gets really nasty... I've also found that just before a storm the fish usually chew their heads off.