PDA

View Full Version : Prowler5 - Mon., 6/6 - New Crew and Fluke Report

Prowler 5
06-06-2016, 11:19 AM
Hey gang. After yesterday's bad forecast, only a few boats sailed in the a.m. and no boats sailed in the afternoon for fluke. The halfers and both 3:30 boats. Too bad because the weather wasn't really that bad yesterday. The weathermen took another prime day away from us that we can't get back. But, it is a beautiful Monday and we're out banging away at nice keeper fluke today. Fishing the channel again. All the boats are out today, even the charter boats. Anyway, we have a brand new crew this year. As many of you Prowler customers know already. We have chef Mike, that's also been working deck when needed. We have Capt. Kenny working deck and greenhorn Shane that the people love and I'm happy to say we've just added John Chiavarini, formerly of the party boat Angler. He called me a couple of nights ago and said he was put on waivers and I was very happy to scoop him up! It's like the NFL, when somebody is let go it provides great opportunity for the next boat. And that's us! John has his 100 ton captain's license and use to work on the Gambler out of Point Pleasant. John use to fish with my dad on the old Prowler and he's very experienced with anchors, keeping the boat clean and taking care of the customers. He's working his first trip with us today and it is a pleasure to have him aboard the Prowler 5 this season. I will try to post pictures later this afternoon, but as a lot of you guys know, my wife's mom, Patty, pass away on Friday and we have the wake all day today and the funeral tomorrow. Thanks and we look forward to seeing you at the dock. Thanks, Capt. Scott - Prowler5

howardrf
06-06-2016, 12:18 PM
Sorry to hear about the family loss.
Is someone running the boat tomorrow for you.
thanks

Prowler 5
06-06-2016, 01:20 PM
Thank you. Yes, the boat is sailing tomorrow.

Duffman
06-06-2016, 06:53 PM
Sorry for your loss Captain, my condolences to you and your family.

Great to See John join the crew! No better guy to work the deck offshore! Done many a trip with him out of PP thru the years. Dudes a beast when working out on the edge!

Please tell me the Prowler heads back to the canyons this season!

Prowler 5
06-06-2016, 10:16 PM
Well now that John's aboard the Prowler 5...there's no doubt in mind that we're gonna have to add some tuna trips in Sept. I'll let you know what the date are some time in July. Thx., Capt. Scott

Bluescat1
06-07-2016, 10:08 AM
Sorry for your loss, no more Brian? The 2 guys from Trenton will be up either this week or next. Save some fluke for us.