PDA

View Full Version : Great day BFT

hookset
08-01-2014, 06:59 PM
Met up with capt and his two friends for a short day troll trip for the elusive BFT. got all gear ready and pushed off at 6 am, short ride out and had out riggers stretched and all lines set up and running by 8:30.
Heard from a partner boat that left same time that he had one on quick and while talking to us he doubled up. We continued to troll for an hour without a touch and poor bait readings. Decided to change one of the bars to a favorite color and while doing so we noticed the bar we had out didn't have a trailer hook. (wow talk about feeling like a spanked ass).
After that little correction and reset it wasn't long till the rod gets smoked and we are in.(not feeling like a spanked ass anymore as that color got hit 3 more times) After we released a under fish and reset again we had no problem marking bait or fish and had no lack of activity. After releasing 3 more under fish and knowing that the weather was coming, we made the decision to take the next fish and head in to be cleaned up and home before it got nasty. 10 minutes later rod is screaming and after a short battle our biggest under fish of the day was on the line and boat side, we decided to introduce it to the gaft, and after that nice cold ice bath. Cleaned up the cockpit lifted the out riggers and set course for home. Great day on the water with good peeps. Saw a few marks of bait and fish big enough to stop and jig over as a few boats out there did and were rewarded. The fish were there today and once the pressure started to change the radio got quiet and rods were bent all over. Sterling bars were the ticket not a sniff of anything else.

Gerry i called you two separate times on 68 but i think we were out of radio range.

Gerry Zagorski
08-01-2014, 07:12 PM
Nice trip Hook. We tried you a few times as well but did not connect.

We did well too.. See report under my original post.