PDA

View Full Version : Props for Evening Tide Charters - 5/26 trip

CatchEmUp
05-27-2014, 11:09 AM
Reached out to Capt. Kyle late last week, wanted to take my wife and two boys (11 & 7) out for the first family charter. My wife doesn't fish and I take my boys out with me when I can, but I'm mainly a surfcaster so the times I'm fishing don't usually coincide with their schedules. I thought flukin' would be fun, so Capt. Kyle & Kyle Jr. had their work cut out for them.

The wind was blowing pretty good which made fishing the main channels difficult - lots of line out & heavy weight made it difficult to stay connected even though the fish were there. Capt., therefore, really worked hard & made several moves to locations that were shielded from the wind to make fishing easier. My oldest caught his first keeper and my youngest got to join in on the action when Kyle Jr. stuck a fish for him & handed him the rod.

Was only supposed to be a 4hr charter and Capt. Kyle stayed out way past that only heading back when I saw that my team had had enough. Capt. would have kept fishing. Kyle Jr. was great with the kids, dealing with tangles, freshening bait, etc. So if you're looking to take the family out (or anyone else) I wouldn't hesitate giving Evening Tide a call. :D

BottomBouncer13
05-27-2014, 02:03 PM
Kyle and son are the best...always put in a ton of effort..

Gerry Zagorski
05-27-2014, 02:26 PM
Love to hear stories like this about our sponsors and thanks for supporting them.

evening tide
05-27-2014, 08:00 PM
Appreciate the kind feedback
Your trip was truly a challenge, with the water being cold and dirty, and the winds picking up, making the conditions for a rough day of fluking. With conditions like these and knowing it was your first chartered trip for your family, I took it to heart and was determined to bring smiles to your sons' faces. I'm a true believer in family time and the benefits that can lead to cherished memories. I hope their memorial Day will be just that. You were a pleasure to have on board the Evening Tide and look forward to meeting again in the future. I will remember this trip with your two boys on the rail the whole time with the will to catch.

Evening Tide Charters
from both of us thank you
very much

pm sent to catch em up

hartattack
05-27-2014, 08:00 PM
Captains Kyle Sr and Jr know Raritan Bay !! With fluke starting to turn on their backyard, Evening Tide is top notch !