PDA

View Full Version : The new GULP MARINADE

hammer4reel
07-16-2013, 07:56 PM
Since I have gottin enough texts to melt my phone here is the info:

The scent line is called MARINADE , it comes in Shrimp, minnow , and mullet,sardine, shad,salmon egg, garlic and I believe a few more .

Supposed to be available In October.

after using it the other day I think this is going to FLY off the shelves

It can be added directly to the Gulp bait, or added to the alive solution to brine over night.
We found the marinade toughened up the new gulp to be similar to the original formula, and it def drew more strikes while using it to fluke on Sunday

http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy12/reelmusic/FISHING%202013/gulp_marinade-704x400_zpse7a8fb05.jpg (http://s773.photobucket.com/user/reelmusic/media/FISHING%202013/gulp_marinade-704x400_zpse7a8fb05.jpg.html)

Bucktailboys.com
07-16-2013, 08:36 PM
Thanks for the info.

barbarian
07-16-2013, 10:01 PM
WHAT! you mean to tell there was room for improvement i cant keep the fish off the old stuff its like crack candy, what will they think of next.Anyway big shout out to the boys over at BERKLEY with the white coats THANK YOU GUYS! keep up the good work

hammer4reel
07-17-2013, 07:48 AM
WHAT! you mean to tell there was room for improvement i cant keep the fish off the old stuff its like crack candy, what will they think of next.Anyway big shout out to the boys over at BERKLEY with the white coats THANK YOU GUYS! keep up the good work

This one is another winner for the Berkley line up

jswany04
07-17-2013, 08:35 AM
I want to know how you got your hands on it before it was released to the public? I can't wait to try it out!

hammer4reel
07-17-2013, 11:54 AM
I want to know how you got your hands on it before it was released to the public? I can't wait to try it out!

There were a few samples given to get some feedback on the product. I was fortunate enough to get one of those to try and report back the results, knowing I would not sugar coat my findings.

This stuff worked very well for us, and Thursday were going to see if we get the same results against untreated baits

fishonmike
07-17-2013, 12:59 PM
I emailed berkley .. they said should be available mid sept ... Fluke will closing then :mad:

dakota560
07-17-2013, 02:23 PM
There were a few samples given to get some feedback on the product. I was fortunate enough to get one of those to try and report back the results, knowing I would not sugar coat my findings.

This stuff worked very well for us, and Thursday were going to see if we get the same results against untreated baits

Dan,

You realize that since this is not currently on the market and available to the general public, if you land the winning fish at the Elk's two Saturday's from now that will constitute an automatic disqualification from the podium! The only fair way of getting around this is to make sure everyone fishing the tournament is provided a tube beforehand.

You're too good a fisherman to begin with. You don't need any other advantages over the competition. It's pretty amazing the impact scent has on fishing even for fluke. Wonder what technology will be available ten years from now!

Dakota

hammer4reel
07-17-2013, 05:11 PM
Dan,

You realize that since this is not currently on the market and available to the general public, if you land the winning fish at the Elk's two Saturday's from now that will constitute an automatic disqualification from the podium! The only fair way of getting around this is to make sure everyone fishing the tournament is provided a tube beforehand.

You're too good a fisherman to begin with. You don't need any other advantages over the competition. It's pretty amazing the impact scent has on fishing even for fluke. Wonder what technology will be available ten years from now!

Dakota

Thanks Tom , but as with anything you still have to put the right fish in the boat , on the right day. A good PRACTICE fisherman like me needs to bring it on Tourney day when it count .

I think some time in the near future the Go Pro cams will be minute and you will see whats actually chasing your bait down there and it will give you the extra incentive to jig quicker LOL

Scent is def a contributing factor to fish that use it to know their prey is moving towards them. Fluke seem to get a better shot at catching the bait when they are ready to pounce on it.

cant wait to fish it again tomorrow and see if the results are consistant

JonDevin
07-17-2013, 06:36 PM
Hey Dan, on the day you tried it out, were the people fishing trying the old and new side by side to determine results?

MVP
07-17-2013, 09:01 PM
thanks for the update

hammer4reel
07-17-2013, 09:42 PM
Hey Dan, on the day you tried it out, were the people fishing trying the old and new side by side to determine results?

yes, and it did not take everyone long to all be fishing the new brine, as it was definetly drawing more strikes