PDA

View Full Version : thursday,s blackfish report on mimi

allygator
01-18-2013, 06:36 AM
A very good day out on the water with capt.kenny & chris. It was a small party,but we got alot of fish. I think everone on the boat went home with 1 or 2.I had 4 or 5 short's.two 6 to 8 # that came with me and two that broke 40 # mono when I tryed to muscle them in....thank you capt.kenny & chris for the great day...

HDMarc
01-18-2013, 08:07 AM
Nice report, they run a tight operation on the Mimi. I'm on the list to go out tomorrow but the weather's showing high winds....we'll see.

Dollar Bill
01-18-2013, 09:38 AM
Thanks for the report, blackfish reports have been kind of scarce lately. Always a good time on the Mimi. Was trying to get a day off for todays trip but couldn't. Good thing as looks like it is gusting out of the north to 25 with a wind chill of 15 :eek: :eek:

HDMarc
01-18-2013, 10:03 AM
Just got a call from Pam, Kenny's heading back in because of the wind, tomorrow and Sunday's trip cancelled

Fishfish
01-18-2013, 11:12 AM
Just got a call from Pam, Kenny's heading back in because of the wind, tomorrow and Sunday's trip cancelled

Kenny sailed yesterday with a supposed small crew (was not there but wanted to go- darn! ) and the weather and seas were better than they projected. With the forecast today wonder how many even showed up to fish? Kenny and Chris are tops and will still go with less than a full boat.

chuckieb
01-18-2013, 09:24 PM
I was on the Mimi om Thursday along with six or seven others. Kenny sailed despite a crowd which would have kept many captains at the dock--much appreciated by me traveling about 1.5 hours to get there. Contrary to an earlier post, the fishing was bad all morning--hours at a time with no bites. Kenny kept at it and around 1:30, after many moves, he found the right place (or, maybe the tog just turned on generally--who ever knows). In any event, we started to get good action arouind the boat. The earlier poster wrote about 6# tog. I won the pool with a tog that I guessed was 4-5 lbs. I do like the Mimi. I thought I was headed for a skunk, but Kenny kept trying sand it turned out to be a happy trip home.

hookset
01-19-2013, 06:53 AM
Chuck!!
Good accurate report as I also was on the boat and had only 1 short until the final drop where I was able to box up 2 keepers around 3 pounds and missed maybe 2 others! All the fish that came up on that piece were around the 3 to 4.5 lb range, except for the one 6lber Chris got to finish up his Bingo! Much appreciation to capt and mate going with so few peeps and working to find the life! Always a good time on the Mimi!