PDA

View Full Version : South Branch 4/16:

AndyS
04-16-2011, 01:17 PM
Went to High Bridge, and yes, there were some fish in the water. I got there around 6 am and had my limit by 7:15 am ! Wilson was upstream from me so I called him down and he got his limit in short order also, brookies and rainbows.
Wilson split, I took a ride exploring up stream way past KLG, some nice deep holes and runs I saw along the way, ALOT of people fishing today. I peeled off of there and came along the North Branch by the 4H fairgrounds, only saw a few anglers.
Jumped in at Neveius St for a short bit, nada, 2 other anglers there.
Went along the Raritan thinking of going for shad in South Bound Brook but I thought the skies were gonna open up and I was starving, so I veered off and headed for home. Rivers and streams are great, I guess we will shuffle the deck after the 1 to 2 inches of rain tonite.
Deposit and Hancock next week, can't wait. (float trip)
Some float trip photos (last year ?)

FASTEDDIE29
04-16-2011, 02:22 PM
Nice!!!

Ely
04-16-2011, 02:32 PM
Great report, thanks! Also sounds like there was some decent fishing and everyone came away happy. Nice to hear.

Mike M
04-16-2011, 03:13 PM
Nice report Andy. Good luck in New York.

Wilson
04-16-2011, 03:35 PM
What Andy said. On the way home stopped at a "Milk Farm" in the area cause I know the a family that runs it, wanted a hot Chocolate too.
He was telling me there is a Beaver in the area wrecking havoc on the trees there.
Man now I know how busy a beaver is! Check these pixs out.

LongBallLarry
04-16-2011, 03:56 PM
Great job!