PDA

View Full Version : Manasquan River

Jerseydix
03-26-2011, 01:08 PM
I'm gonna give trout fishing another shot this year, but while "scouting" some area's near me i've noticed some "no trespassing" signs that weren't there before. The problem is they are right next to the NJF&W "stocking" signs. So my question is do the signs pertain to the land adjacent to the river or to the entire area? I'm not interested in paying fines. I'm not sure, but I think the signs were on the other side as well.

AndyS
03-26-2011, 07:34 PM
The State is only allowed to stock on public land !!

I think someone wants a few trout all to themselves.

Make phone calls, call the County, call the State, call NJFG&W and get to the bottom of this ASAP !

Perfect Drift
03-26-2011, 08:16 PM
Call Fish and Game they return calls failry fast. Good luck.

Lard Almighty
03-26-2011, 09:39 PM
That's by the Hospital Road bridge, right? I glimpsed those signs myself. The land on the east side of the river MAY be owned by the Water Supply Authority. I know for a fact, however, that the land on the other side of the river is public.

Just do what I do: keep fishing until someone kicks you off. :D

Edit: Yep, sign says "Water Supply Authority" on the bottom.

Super
03-26-2011, 09:56 PM
The state will stock private water as long as the landowner gives permission to the public to fish the water. Trout stockes water signs indicate that the landowner has given permission to fish that land. If the owner wants fishermen off his land, he needs to contact FG&W to have the water removed from the stocking schedule and have the trout stocked water signs removed.

Cuz
03-27-2011, 11:34 AM
Take 'em down. It's public usage there. I fish there.

Perfect Drift
03-27-2011, 02:18 PM
Curious to see with those signs up if fish and game will stock there and put up their signs.