PDA

View Full Version : CONTAMINATED BEACHES

CODCHALY
07-12-2023, 08:48 AM
Any one else reading NEWS from Our Trusted Government, that same areas WE don't want Wind Farms, are all sudden deemed not safe to enter water because of pollution. I know I'm cynical, but also find it ironic. Maybe if we can't swim There, we'll leave Those Areas to Wind Speculation. A real head scratcher for this reader.
Told You, I'm cynical. Don't Trust Government on Science.

Exit135
07-12-2023, 08:57 AM
The contamination is from stormwater runoff from rainfall events and old combined stromwater/sanitary pipe systems. I'm not sure what it has to do with wind farms?

Capt. Debbie
07-12-2023, 10:28 AM
Aren't the wind farms several miles offshore? Thats one hell of a swim once you enter the water.

You cant trust the G I agree. But this theory is a big stretch to connect those dots?

Any one else reading NEWS from Our Trusted Government, that same areas WE don't want Wind Farms, are all sudden deemed not safe to enter water because of pollution. I know I'm cynical, but also find it ironic. Maybe if we can't swim There, we'll leave Those Areas to Wind Speculation. A real head scratcher for this reader.

Gumada
07-12-2023, 01:45 PM
They shutdown beaches on the Manasquan also, point and brick, storm runoff this time of year causes the high bacteria counts....it will clear with a couple tide cycles...

Duffman
07-12-2023, 03:52 PM
Any one else reading NEWS from Our Trusted Government, that same areas WE don't want Wind Farms, are all sudden deemed not safe to enter water because of pollution. I know I'm cynical, but also find it ironic. Maybe if we can't swim There, we'll leave Those Areas to Wind Speculation.

You swim 15 miles offshore? Hey, not saying I haven’t done it, because I have off my boat. Thats pretty impressive if your taking off from the surf thru the contaminated water and ending up that far off.

Kudos to you my man, Michael Phelps got nothing on you. :D

Blind Squirrel
07-13-2023, 08:21 AM
NJDEP only issued swimming advisories for some NJ beaches, and they were lifted yesterday. Cynics and head-scratchers could still frolic in waters with unhealthy levels of fecal bacteria, and if you asked, the NJDEP scientists could probably even direct you to the areas with the very highest pollution levels. :rolleyes:

AndyS
07-13-2023, 08:35 AM
Look up how many CSO's (combined sewer outflow) there are, you'll be amazed. Raw sewage comes out of a huge pipe in Perth Amboy during high rain water events, as do many others.

Capt. Debbie
07-13-2023, 09:58 AM
I think you're missing the conspiracy theory linked to windmills-generators.

Yes runoff and sewage processing overloads have been around forever. Blamed with heat for shutting down Lake Hopatcong to swimmers about 5 years ago too.

Look up how many CSO's (combined sewer outflow) there are, you'll be amazed. Raw sewage comes out of a huge pipe in Perth Amboy during high rain water events, as do many others.

CODCHALY
07-14-2023, 07:42 AM
I'm from Mark Spitz era. I had better times Individual Medley. I swam AAU from age seven to seventeen, reason I didn't go to Olympics my Family didn't have the money. AAU cost my Parents a lot. I practiced 12 months at night for ten years, then got a Union Card. Yes, I can easily swim fifteen miles, even at age 70.

Capt. Debbie
07-14-2023, 10:11 AM
More importantly... can you swim back too? lol

I'm from Mark Spitz era. I had better times Individual Medley. I swam AAU from age seven to seventeen, reason I didn't go to Olympics my Family didn't have the money. AAU cost my Parents a lot. I practiced 12 months at night for ten years, then got a Union Card. Yes, I can easily swim fifteen miles, even at age 70.

CODCHALY
07-14-2023, 10:44 AM
Here's couple PIX, Me Celebrating WINNING the GOLD, NAVY SEAL CHALLENGE eleven years ago, Ocean Swim. I'd still compete, but not going to California. Anyone that knows Me here, will tell You I'm NOT afraid to enter the Water, depth or distance, doesn't phase Me. Not bragging,, more,, just honest reporting.

CODCHALY
07-14-2023, 10:49 AM
Hey DEBBI, I held 100 ton with Towing Endorsement. Just read your Block. NICE !!!!

Blind Squirrel
07-14-2023, 12:00 PM
Here's couple PIX, Me Celebrating WINNING the GOLD, NAVY SEAL CHALLENGE eleven years ago, Ocean Swim. I'd still compete, but not going to California. Anyone that knows Me here, will tell You I'm NOT afraid to enter the Water, depth or distance, doesn't phase Me. Not bragging,, more,, just honest reporting.
Does swimming in raw sewage "phase" you? :rolleyes:

Duffman
07-14-2023, 02:37 PM

Damn!!!! I stand corrected!!

20 years my senior and in way better shape than I am!!!

CODCHALY
07-14-2023, 03:07 PM
#13, unlucky leo, NOPE, nothing phases Me. I'm a Survivor. Period. I'm Here !!!

Capt. Debbie
07-17-2023, 10:13 AM
Thank you! My 5 year Masters renewal is in its 7th installment. Gettin old

Hey DEBBI, I held 100 ton with Towing Endorsement. Just read your Block. NICE !!!!