PDA

View Full Version : No Luck in the Saturday Surf - But still a good day!

Joeblowv1
11-02-2020, 09:50 AM
Quick post/Report from Saturday.

Arrived at Island Beach around 11 (right at high tide) Fished the outgoing tide for about 4 hours with pretty much no action. Tried bait chunks on rigs, and some lures between the four of us (bucktails, diving minnows, topwater, and subsurface lures) I think everything was a little churned up from the full moon and lots of rain, ton of seaweed all over my tackle every time I reeled in.

We don't have a beach driving pass, and didn't want to shell out the 75$ for a weekend pass - so unfortunately we couldn't comb the beach in search of birds/other signs of life.

Was actually my first time surf fishing,learned a lot while I was out there about finding better knots to tie with my braid (Had my knot slide loose twice, learned just how slippery braid is), got some practice firing out into the surf, etc. etc.

Regardless was a good trip with the old man, uncle, and my brother in law. Can't complain about the weather, was warmer on the sands than it was back home in Trenton. Hoping I can find the time to go back out another time or two. Maybe get a tomato pie at Marucas next time.

Tight lines all! Thanks for reading.

AndyS
11-02-2020, 10:38 AM
Fish at night if you can.

Joeblowv1
11-02-2020, 11:36 AM
Definitely on the table. My old man fixed up some old coleman gas lanterns, so we're prepared and he's no stranger to doing so. Again, ocean fishing is a bit new to me, have gotten in and out of freshwater fishing in the past, and thats most of what I did the past few months.

Always ready and willing to learn. Thanks for reading Andy