PDA

View Full Version : Shore toggin with the kiddo 10/19 & 10/20

Jigman13
10-20-2019, 10:23 PM
Hit the canal Saturday and sunday. Saturday brought my 11 yr old step son. Grabbed couple dozen greenies and put 3 hrs of work in. Managed 10 tog, mostly small but one 17" fish and a 14.999999" we released. Figured itd be a good lesson for the kid. Obey the law and respect the tog lol.

I jig fished while I set him up with a bait rig. Hes done scup and fluke but had a tough time with the tog which was expected, but he kept at it. Helped him set the hook a few times and he couldn't believe the power blackfish generate to get back down into the snags.

Kept the 17" and made panko blackfish marsala (thanks roger!)

Went back today solo and jigged a dozen fish to 14.75" . Just couldn't hit the 15" mark.

Hey JMurr, think I saw you across the canal with the Ms. Howd you make out? I left at 230 with a wet ass and no crabs. Guess that's better than a dry ass and crabs lol

bigfishy
10-21-2019, 10:04 AM
Way to git da kid hooked!!! Nice report

BigRock44
10-21-2019, 11:44 AM
nice report - sounds like a great weekend!

reason162
10-23-2019, 08:34 PM
Great job Jeremy, "respect the tog" ought to be a t shirt!

Hit the canal Saturday and sunday. Saturday brought my 11 yr old step son. Grabbed couple dozen greenies and put 3 hrs of work in. Managed 10 tog, mostly small but one 17" fish and a 14.999999" we released. Figured itd be a good lesson for the kid. Obey the law and respect the tog lol.

I jig fished while I set him up with a bait rig. Hes done scup and fluke but had a tough time with the tog which was expected, but he kept at it. Helped him set the hook a few times and he couldn't believe the power blackfish generate to get back down into the snags.

Kept the 17" and made panko blackfish marsala (thanks roger!)

Went back today solo and jigged a dozen fish to 14.75" . Just couldn't hit the 15" mark.

Hey JMurr, think I saw you across the canal with the Ms. Howd you make out? I left at 230 with a wet ass and no crabs. Guess that's better than a dry ass and crabs lol