PDA

View Full Version : Blowfish anywhere from shore?

Walleyed
06-13-2019, 10:43 AM
So....my 8 year old daughter wants to go fishing with Daddy for Father's day. Was going to take the boat out and do a little sea bassing or porgy, but the weather gods decided that wasn't going to happen this weekend.

Are there still blowfish in the Manasquan or Shark rivers and is there a decent place to get them from shore? (almost all my fishing is out of the Raritan, so I really don't know the area down there at all)

Thanks,

Jim

bulletbob
06-13-2019, 12:15 PM
So....my 8 year old daughter wants to go fishing with Daddy for Father's day. Was going to take the boat out and do a little sea bassing or porgy, but the weather gods decided that wasn't going to happen this weekend.

Are there still blowfish in the Manasquan or Shark rivers and is there a decent place to get them from shore? (almost all my fishing is out of the Raritan, so I really don't know the area down there at all)

Thanks,

Jim

The guys that live in the area would know better I suppose, but its a bit early for the yearly invasion of small salt water panfish to invade the rivers and bays... thats more a mid july through sept time frame.. blowfish, kings, sand porgies,spots, pin size sea bass, snapper blues croakers sometimes.. that was my favorite fishing for years.. terrific fun, and every once in a while a nice fluke or smaller weak would crash the party... Water is still pretty cold .
Boats are catching Whiting and ling 1/2 mile off the beach, thats why the fluke fishing is so slow as well.. I would take her fluke fishing in the Shark River or the Shrewsbury.. Might catch shorts mostly, but there would be enough to keep her interested. bob

Skolmann
06-13-2019, 03:10 PM
The bulkhead west of Barnegat Light in Barnegat Inlet.

dory24
06-14-2019, 12:28 AM
not yet, maybe a few weeks on the south side of the mantaloking bridge. last year we had them on open bottom way north of the bridge but you may try to chum heavy under the bridge for land based chicken tenders.