PDA

View Full Version : Any Striper Reports Out Front??

Duffman
04-20-2018, 11:41 AM
Been reading the back bay reports but haven't seen anything oceanside. I know the weather has been $hitty but wondering if anyone has been trying.

Anyone connecting on bait or casting lures? Will be out of Belmar Sat and want to avoid the troll. Thanks.

Slip It In
04-20-2018, 12:44 PM
I will be heading out of Shark River also tomorrow. Heard lots of life out front so hopefully will find some fish. If I strike out I might take the ride up to the bay Sunday, or just bottom fish.

Pete

torchee
04-20-2018, 01:31 PM
If you have to troll.....
stretch plugs are taking some fish in the bay - maybe try them tight to beach close to inlet

Gerry Zagorski
04-20-2018, 01:43 PM
Saw a party boat from Belmar all the way up in the bay last Saturday. Not sure they'd want to make that trip if there we fish out front Duff.

This could change any day now but in years past, the ocean bite usually doesn't get going until May.

Billy223
04-21-2018, 06:15 AM
Well, I'm not all that good in the bay so I may take a ride out front and see what's going on. Probably nothing and I expect nothing, but going to utilize the day to burn off the winter fuel and have a look around. I'll report back if anything is worth reporting. Will be heading out of MI