NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Eyes on First Ave-Win a Yeti Roadie 20 Cooler-Game On! - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Best Of
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Best Of This board will be locked from posting and will be used to archive the best posts from the main board.

Old 05-15-2014, 04:47 PM
Site Sponsor

Default Re: Eyes on First Ave-Win a Yeti Roadie 20 Cooler-Game On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
My grandfather first took me out on a party boat out of LBI in 1998 when I was 8 years old. I was having a great first day fishing with a cooler full of fluke. At the final horn at the end of the day I start reeling my line up and wham! Almost lost my rod. With a little help from my grandpa I boated a 5 lb fluke and won the pool. This was my best day on the water and the day that ignited my lifelong (and expensive) passion for salt water fishing.
Great story! Your in, good luck.
732 291 3937

Largest Authorized Prescription and Non Prescription Costa Del Mar Dealer in Monmouth County!
www.eyesonfirstave.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eyes-...388?ref=br_tf]
Old 05-15-2014, 05:00 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I was going to school and had a friend who had a boat. We talked about fishing and decided one October day we would head out for the Football bite. His boat was docked in Edgewater and when I got there it was a 22' modified V hull cuddy cabin. I thought this could be challenging but I already had lunch packed and my case of beer and fishing gear ready. We climb aboard at 4:30 am and head down the Hudson River in the dark and fog. I stayed up in the bow looking for floating logs as we made our way slowly to Sandy Hook to fuel up and get bait. Now we head east towards the Mud hole ready for some fishing. The sun comes up and it is a beautiful October day. I don't remember how long it took to get out there but it seemed like hours. I see a fleet and figure that's where the action is. I cut up some butterfish and start chunking. Within a few minutes we are covered up with Mahi's. My buddy who's boat it is goes down in the cuddy to get his rod and comes up two minutes later looking a little green. I pay it no mind and start catching Mahi's. Not two minutes later he's chummin like crazy. Now my friend that I brought with me sees this and he starts pukin right next to him.Within 15 minutes they decide they need to leave and get back in. I'm freaking fuming because there are fish around the boat and we have to leave. So for the ride home I put on a 4" red devil, sit on my cooler, and start letting out all my line. Now I figure hell with it and start drinking beer after beer after beer and then WACK the red devil gets hit. Stop the boat these two guys start puking again while I reel in a nice little "fat albert". Now off we go again and there I go again beer after beer after beer. Get inshore and even that proves to much for them to handle so my buddy decides to head home the back way around Staten Island and the nasty back rivers. Needless to say I wasn't very happy and the 3 beers left in my cooler was all the proof needed. We get back to the dock I go to step up on the dock and "Splash" right in the water, fish in hand. Well at least we had a laugh to end the day....

" The Lake Louise Launcher "
Now Known As
Superscupman
Old 05-15-2014, 05:01 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

OK, here's my Costa's pic, luv em'.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	costa resized.jpg
Views:	477
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	69206  
Old 05-15-2014, 05:13 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

So last year.... My dad, my neighbor, his wife, and kids went out fluking. I think it was July 11th? Any ways, as we headed out, at about 7ish, we hot out our first stop. Within 1 cast/person, we had 1 keeper and 2 shorts. Then the action died. We headed over near the edge of NJ waters and fished for a while. HUGE hits and 4 keepers. So as the day went on, we headed over to the sticks. After a few hours of non stop fishing with non stop action, we finished the day with 16 fluke hahah if I knew how to add pics I would hahha. It was a lot of fun
Old 05-15-2014, 05:19 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Here are my pics!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	tmp_IMG_7377823694503-568967476.jpg
Views:	499
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	69207   Click image for larger version

Name:	tmp_IMG_01861794120612.JPG
Views:	472
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	69208   Click image for larger version

Name:	tmp_IMG_20131227_2054281551963155.jpg
Views:	489
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	69209  

"For the rich there is therapy for the rest of us there is fishing"

"A bad day of fishing turns into a good day of drinking" ����
Old 05-15-2014, 05:37 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Don't know if you remember me jamie but I was in with my dad Tim Morley one day an we brought two pairs of costas lol hope everything is going good
Old 05-15-2014, 05:49 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

How do they get such a big fish in a little can

Deck full of tuna
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	545
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	69211  
Old 05-15-2014, 05:51 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Out fishing just off the hook on mother's day my daughter caught her 1st striper. She has the best mom she wanted to go fishing on mother's day
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	486
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	69215  
Attached Images

Last edited by Artie Lange; 05-15-2014 at 06:36 PM..
Old 05-15-2014, 05:54 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Hey Jamie.

Throwback Style
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	491
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	69213  

Last edited by TimM; 05-15-2014 at 07:51 PM..
Old 05-15-2014, 06:01 PM
Administrator

My best day on the water was approximately 12 years ago on a November morning. A sponsor boat Capt gave me a call around 9am. Hey Joe you want to go on a fun trip to the Canyon for Tuna. I said sure when? He said be at the dock in an hour and a half. I was in the middle of an install total the client sorry got to go. Made it just in the nick of time. Jumped on and off we went. Flat calm made it to the east wall in about 3 hrs and 30 mind. We decide to throw in some baits prior to starting to set a slick. Well the first bait to hit the water gets hammered. Fish on!!!!! We never started a slick almost every bait that landed in the water was hooked up. We were on fish from about 5pm to 2am constantly. Two of us stopped fishing to clean fish at 10pm then again at midnight then again at 2am. We headed quartered and stuffed every box the boat had. All in all we got 72 Long Fin. Had to stop Fishin because the boat was full on fish and my arms were going to fall off. This was the first time I had ever experienced anything like this and the last as well. Thank you to you know who you are. IMHO the boat Tuna fishing Capt and Crew in NJ