NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Trout meeting March 2, 2019: - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 02-26-2019, 01:40 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Lightbulb Trout meeting March 2, 2019:

The Division holds the annual trout stocking meeting at the Pequest Trout Hatchery this Saturday, March 2, at 10:00 a.m. The meeting provides an excellent opportunity to ask questions, voice opinions, and give suggestions regarding the trout stocking program.This year's meeting will include the following topics:
2019 Trout Allocations and Culture Operations Results of the Trout Stocked Movement Study in the Flat Brook Restoration Project Updates Suggestions for 2021 regulation changes will be welcome during the open discussion following the presentations. Everyone will have the chance to engage in meaningful discussion and ask questions of the biologists and fish culture staff.
The 2019 Trout Allocations for Trout Stocked Waterbodies will be available for all attendees.
Old 02-28-2019, 07:56 AM
NJFishing.com Member

Default Re: Trout meeting March 2, 2019:

Anyone can come to this meeting?
Old 02-28-2019, 09:05 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Lightbulb Re: Trout meeting March 2, 2019:

Yes, it open to the public.
Old 03-02-2019, 07:50 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Question Re: Trout meeting March 2, 2019:

Anyone go to the trout meeting, I had to werk.
Old 03-03-2019, 12:39 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
Anyone go to the trout meeting, I had to werk.
Wait, you were referring to a NJFW meeting about trout? I guess I was confused. I had a meeting with actual trout 🤪
Old 03-03-2019, 05:06 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTuna View Post
Wait, you were referring to a NJFW meeting about trout? I guess I was confused. I had a meeting with actual trout 🤪
ha ha that was funny, what did you talk about with those trout?
Old 03-03-2019, 07:55 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Same here wondering how meeting went

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTuna View Post
LOL
Old 03-04-2019, 08:11 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Like many of you I was unable to make it as well. Would like to hear a report from anyone who was able to attend.

I did however send an email to Ross S. and Pat H. regarding possible reg changes for the present 'C & R' section of the Flatbrook in light of both the telemetry studies and the electro-fishing done there in the years prior to the telemetry studies but after the reg change to 'C & R'. I offered several varying scenarios, but the following is the one I would think would be the best suited given the various study results and angler opinions.

I proposed keeping the year-round Artificials Only facet, but changing the section from Rt 206 to the top of the Blewitt Tract to a Delayed Harvest area. This section would be open to harvest from say June 1st thru Sept 30th at the standard 4 fish bag limit and 9" size limit. The bag limits and size limits can be adjusted of course to suit prevalent angler opinion, but allowing harvest during this time period would in my humble opinion be the best use of the resources rather than allowing the various predators to decimate the trout population as they have been.
From the top of the Blewitt Tract down to the Roy bridge would still remain Year Round Artificials Only, Year Round C & R as it presently is. This stream section has much better holdover capability due to it's larger size after receiving the Little Flatbrook inflow, as well as much more, deeper and better in-stream habitat.

I'd be curious to hear what folks think about this idea.