NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

blackfish rigs - Page 3 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJ Fishing.com Fishing Tips
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJ Fishing.com Fishing Tips Share your tips on fishing here.

Old 12-30-2014, 01:15 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: blackfish rigs

Could not have said it better myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Zagorski View Post
I'm definately on the side of no additional hardware. More to loose, more to get snagged and no real benefit to swivels or sinker slider or snaps.

Join your braided line to your top shot using a Uni to Uni or Alberto knot. I prefer the Albeto knot... Easier to tie and it has a lower profile than the uni so it goes through the rod eyes easier https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J56O3CZVu7M

Take the last foot or so of your top shot and double it with a double overhand knot at the top. Put your sinker on that loop.

Make a loop 4 inches or so above your sinker and attached your pre snelled hook with a pre tied loop on to it to that loop. Now take your sinker and the line coming out of it and tie a double overhand knot around your hook loop to keep it in place.

This makes it very easy to re tie rigs when you eventually get snagged and break off.

I like using as stiff leader as possible for the hook leader since it helps keep the hook line away from your main line and tangling back up on it.

"Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths"