NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Queens Bridge 8/13 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 08-16-2017, 11:24 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Queens Bridge 8/13

I had to take my brother to the airport crazy early on Sunday so I was at the river by 6 30 am. Headed straight to the hot pocket salivating to be there at prime time. Snagged on the first 2 casts with 1/16 oz berkley atomic tubes. Nothing for about 15 min. Switched to the tried and true grub and landed a nice one. Headed down stream and lost 2 dinks, while my gf landed a nice little bass on a crayfish she got out of the rocks. Very proud..
Went back around 6 30 pm & got one more out but not as big as the one in morning.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fish.jpg
Views:	590
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	115349   Click image for larger version

Name:	deer.jpg
Views:	483
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	115350  
Old 08-16-2017, 04:12 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Queens Bridge 8/13

I was nice to meet you the other day. I am watching the recorded video from this year at the fish ladder and am seeing some nice SMB. No doubt these are some big smart fish.
Wondering where all the small stripers are this year, thinking there would be a lot since there were so many large stripers in the river this spring.
Nice fish and cool photos.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bigbass.jpg (5.4 KB, 291 views)
Old 08-16-2017, 06:03 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Talking Re: Queens Bridge 8/13

Awesome river Smallie dude! Great colors on that one!!!
Old 08-16-2017, 10:11 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Queens Bridge 8/13

Sick smallie. Upstream of the bridge is pretty ok too, they hide in the middle of the river where some weeds are I think.

That area is normally an ok day or I skunk. Pulled a rainbow out of there just before njs first heat wave came.
Old 08-17-2017, 08:09 AM
Site Sponsor

Nice smallie man, try downstream of the bridge in that rapids caught one of the biggest smallies I ever caught outta there. Rebel crawfish worked well for me
Rvta member
Knee Deep member
Mike K Guide Service (owner)
https://www.facebook.com/MikeKGuideService/
(908 642-5423
Old 08-17-2017, 10:48 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Thumbs up Re: Queens Bridge 8/13

Thanks for the kind words guys.
Yes, it was a pleasure to meet you as well, AndyS. Thanks for the motivational picture too. Indeed there are some Einsteins swimming around. That's what makes it so special when you catch a big one.
Eddie, I feel the pictures I take hardly do the fish justice when it comes to the colors and patterns. It's like two different fish sometimes real life vs pics.
Thmyorke1 I've been skunked many times too in that area only to be blessed on the next trip. Love it! I've too noticed that channel that runs through the middle, but haven't fished it hard.
MikeyTopaz that's funny you mentioned the rebel crawdad. That's how I got turned on to that spot when I was younger. My Dad and his friend would fish those all the time and did very well. I hardly throw them anymore, especially in the rapids there. Jigging junkie anymore... 2 weeks ago I caught a few on the crawdad, but in the deeper section downstream swimming them parallel to the shore.
Old 08-18-2017, 08:40 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Nice fish. I have been fishing there for awhile now and have had nice action with the keitechs on a weighted hook, it has some real nice action. Also have had lots of action on the senko without the weighted hook. I have caught smallies, lmb and stripers above and below the bridge. Got two nice ones in february (yes, february) on the senko. Have a video on youtube (fishing with stan b) if you want to check it out. The picture on the page was the first and bigger of the two, turned the camera on after that one was caught and got the second about 20 mins later.