NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

2014 Fluke Regulations - Page 11 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing Use this board to post all general salt water fishing information. Please use the appropriate boards below for all other information. General information about sailing times, charter availability and open boats trips can be found and should be posted in the open boat forum.

Old 02-06-2014, 08:06 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: 2014 Fluke Regulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttmako View Post
Just reviewed the comments on this fiasco on the asfmc website. They nicely compile the written comments as well as summarize the meetings.
According to the summary table at the end, far more people opposed option than supported it.
So it looks like the will of the people who actually took the time to write a point of view on the topic (far too few BTW) and/or went to the meetings was completely ignored and politics took over.
For a fishery that had been called rebuilt by managers, I still don't understand why we are cutting back on allowable catch.
Other than striped bass, what fishery that is "managed" is actually better off, post regulations? To me it seems recreational harvest declines shortly after species begin to be regulated.
Ttmako, were the comments verbatim? I just searched the AMFSC website and could not find what you viewed. Can you provide the link? Thanks
Old 02-06-2014, 08:11 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Hey Russ, Can you take me fluke fishing this year?I have only been fishing Raritan Bay and Sandy Hook for 55 years and I can not get my limit every trip on my boat let alone a party boat. I guess I am doing something wrong!Maybe the salmon eggs I am using are the wrong color WTF over and out

100 Ton Master
Semi Retired
Old 02-06-2014, 08:31 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

http://www.asmfc.org/files/Meetings/...pplemental.pdf
Here it is.
Pretty good read. Certainly some articulate and pissed off fisherman. We just need 10x as many to make a difference.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishfish View Post
My reply: So RussA, you seem to be the expert on everything. I make my comment as well as everyone on this thread and you choose to attack. In my last post above, in your reply, you failed to address most every thing I said. Instead you would rather rant and rave like "I screamed at you guys" (you do that with every reply) and go on to say "I have been trying to plant seeds in YOUR SO CALLED RFA"...so called? and you go on to insult our representation saying your state has more clout. Our fluking success is because "NY took it on the chin" because....."NJ did nothing to help NY throughout the last 13 year, they sat back and reaped the benefits afforded to them by NY and our tight regulations" Now that is another assumption/ opinion on your part. I maybe found one decent reply on your part and wont continue to go on and on quoting all your replies to others. I did love your getting limits on every trip.....that was priceless! I am sure you do not care, but I find you insulting, sarcastic, derogatory and down right a waste of time in any debate. What makes me laugh the most is your suggesting we work together...yes, but not with you sir! Sorry Gerry and members, but I had to get that off my chest. Where is the flag button?
Since you think these are assumptions please list everything NJ has done to help NY, you know since I am assuming these things.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Sal Cathy Sea Charters View Post
Hey Russ, Can you take me fluke fishing this year?I have only been fishing Raritan Bay and Sandy Hook for 55 years and I can not get my limit every trip on my boat let alone a party boat. I guess I am doing something wrong!Maybe the salmon eggs I am using are the wrong color WTF over and out
Take me with you and I will learn you a thing or two.

Go buy some 6 inch gulp and go fish in the rocks you will limit no problem. Stop using squid and spearing on a 2 ott english style hook.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:11 PM
Banned

I am sorry to those of you who feel I am arogant and harsh. I am only trying to help you not get screwed like we did in NY.

I watch a lot of my favorite boats for fluke either stop fluking or packed it up, and I don't want to see that in NJ.

You will not hear a word from me on management issues from here on out.

Good luck with your fight...

I will say this, I suggest you study what happened to NY, and you will see the \same thing is happening to you. Tog is going to follow you mark my words.

God Bless
Old 02-06-2014, 09:14 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

What party boat fishes the rocks 3 days a week? Limiting on the boat 3 days a week will definitly have you in reports on their website for advertising.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:22 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussA View Post
I am sorry to those of you who feel I am arogant and harsh. I am only trying to help you not get screwed like we did in NY.

I watch a lot of my favorite boats for fluke either stop fluking or packed it up, and I don't want to see that in NJ.

You will not hear a word from me on management issues from here on out.

Good luck with your fight...

I will say this, I suggest you study what happened to NY, and you will see the \same thing is happening to you. Tog is going to follow you mark my words.

God Bless
Don't go away mad...
Old 02-06-2014, 09:30 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickrazz View Post
The law is not an opinion Mr. law enforcement...you should know that.I guess..maybe not.
Another f....ng goof that hides behind a position when it suits him. Comical!!!! I guess you can thank your lucky stars for the internet tough guy.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMarc View Post
Don't go away mad...
Hell no I am not mad! LMAO Dude the interweb doesn't get me mad.