NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

New Flounder Regs! - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fisheries Management/Regulations
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fisheries Management/Regulations This board is closed for posting but will serve as an archieve for all Fisheries Management and Regulations posts from other boards.

Old 11-03-2009, 12:29 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: New Flounder Regs!

I think winter flounder will now supplant bluefin tuna as the most expensive fish.
$55 fare (or gas in your own boat)
tackle, bait, maintenance, food, etc. for two fish

= around $700/lb. for the meat.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:41 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs down Re: New Flounder Regs!

i have gone to several meetings.raritan bay has a flounder run that has nothing to do with n.e.we depend on the early flounder charters to make a living!no flounder,no weakfish no money.little by little a species is taken away.do you think the blackfish that are biting now is great?i think it sucks because the season is in the middle of nov.i fish sucks.years ago we caught plenty of blackfish in september on shrewsbury rocks.sandy hook reef didn't exist!to make a living with a charter boat in this day and age with the stupid regs. is not easy.if they take away any stripers it is all over!!!!!half the area i fish is in n.y. they are so screwed it is a crying shame.what will n.y. have next year 2 fluke at 23in.?they can stick the 2 flounder where the don't shine!!!

100 Ton Master
Semi Retired
Old 11-03-2009, 04:19 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Time to eat the dogs, birds and skates. I could see the reports now, at least for the first part of 2010.

EPIC bird action today as each angler caught at least 100 robins. 5,000 racks in total, filling 10, 50 gallon drums. The dogs ran a distant second at 250 and skates rounding out the catch at 200. However these good times won't last long as the fed is considering a mid-season shutdown on the sea robin harvest which they claim to be too pressured. It's estimated that the price of sea robin to exceed $14 per pound by the end of August.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:50 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Anyone know what the fines are for possesing too many winter floundeR?
Old 11-03-2009, 05:02 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonDevin
EPIC bird action today as each angler caught at least 100 robins. 5,000 racks in total, filling 10, 50 gallon drums. The dogs ran a distant second at 250 and skates rounding out the catch at 200. :

Add in a couple sea ravens and ocean pout and it sounds like an ideal day for jmurr711!!!!

KUKUBABY FISHING TEAM

EST. 1995
Old 11-03-2009, 05:24 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Salt
Anyone know what the fines are for possesing too many winter floundeR?
Correct me if I am wrong (and I'm sure many will) but keeping 1-3 fish(flounder, fluke, seabass and tog etc.)is $134 with court cost inc. 3-6 fish $234 and so on. What are your chance's of being caught? Just dont be stupid enough to pull your boat out at AH (THE MAN IS THERE ALL THE TIME). A lot of irate fisherman on this website were going to protest by keeping one fluke and all coming in and getting caught, paying a fine and hoping for sympathy. What happened with that? I did my fluke protest this summer as well as a lot of other guys I know and didn't pay a fine. If the rule makers take the recreational fisherman, charter and party boat owners in mind then I might change my attitude.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:20 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelron
Hasn't this all been gone over months ago?

I remember a meeting in Tom River, very few people there to speak up, not that it would have done much good by then, but at leats it could have been one of those "stand up and be counted" things everyone is talking about now. Correct me if I'm wrong (like I have to ask) but there were maybe 25 people there.

Again, skip the meetings and piss & moan about it later. If we can't stay a step ahead we have to at least try to keep up, pay attention people.
Bump!!!!!
Because its true and on point. Key point Reelron made was even back in the Toms River meeting it was probably too late for public opinion. Ever wonder why those that we complain about are ALWAYS a step in front of US.
Given that this is NO suprise AGAIN instead of paying the fines for the regs we hate why NOT try (and I stress try) to PREVENT it.

Bottom line is recreational fishermen will NOT be taken serious until WE get serious. And guess what all the rallys,todays VOTE for governor regardless of the outcome is NOT the start its just another delay as politics are politics and we have NOT sent any message of unity as we sit back and act as individuals instead of a group. Unless of course somehow ALL fishermen voted both parties OUT.

Again JMHO
Old 11-03-2009, 10:40 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman
Add in a couple sea ravens and ocean pout and it sounds like an ideal day for jmurr711!!!!
yes it does yes it does hahah. and Chris the fine is don't get caught ahahha

Murr722@gmail.com

THE REIGNING, DEFENDING, PUT UP OR SHUT UP
CHAMPION

Put Up or Shut Up IX Prelims winner

If you don't like fish thats "fishy" eat chicken.

"theres a million fine looking women in the world dude,but they dont all buy you st. croixs for your birthday,most of them just yell at ya for fishing to much."

"Murray's Law: The uglier a fish is, the better it tastes." - Lard Almighty

LAB,always in our hearts & ears
Old 11-04-2009, 10:17 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Unfortunately it is what it is and this fate was decided months ago
Flounder fishing is my favorite fishing next to Fluke and there is nothing left to fish for.

After this is implimented to 2 fish @ 12" and there will no boats specifically targeting them now and the 2 Fish @ 12" is for bycatch only. I personally always tried to get a couple of flounder charters and party boat trips in for em - but next year this is not happening for me I cant afford to pay that money to get 2 fish hopefully?

IMHO and people won't like this - I support this closure/limitted by-catch - there is hardley anything left and when the quota goes over again it will be very hard to prove that the rec's overfished the stock again - but they will - meanwhile the commercilas are still going strong catching these tasty fishies - but my next question and will like to see how they will and try and conserve this fishery and see were the blame goes this time ???

I am all for conservation but the real problem still needs to be looked at and addressed -IMHO -

G- OUt
Old 11-04-2009, 10:40 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Angry Re: New Flounder Regs!

I could have lived with the 2 fish By-catch thing if they had made it an all year thing. Only flounder I caught this year were well after the so called season had closed. I know many others that also caught some very nice flounder later in the year.

I FISH I VOTE I MARCHED (BOTH TIMES.)