NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

2014 Fluke Regulations - Page 8 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing Use this board to post all general salt water fishing information. Please use the appropriate boards below for all other information. General information about sailing times, charter availability and open boats trips can be found and should be posted in the open boat forum.

Old 02-06-2014, 10:35 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: 2014 Fluke Regulations

If NY did not get what they wanted they were going to sue.NJ did not get what what we wanted and no mention of a law suit.Maybe our Governor should take the donut out of his mouth and do what we pay him for instead of causing traffic jams!If he ate more fish he would not be so fat lol

100 Ton Master
Semi Retired
Old 02-06-2014, 11:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Sal Cathy Sea Charters View Post
If NY did not get what they wanted they were going to sue.NJ did not get what what we wanted and no mention of a law suit.Maybe our Governor should take the donut out of his mouth and do what we pay him for instead of causing traffic jams!If he ate more fish he would not be so fat lol
LMAO Stop Capt Sal.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt sal cathy sea charters View Post
if ny did not get what they wanted they were going to sue.nj did not get what what we wanted and no mention of a law suit.maybe our governor should take the donut out of his mouth and do what we pay him for instead of causing traffic jams!if he ate more fish he would not be so fat lol
thats a good one. LMAO
Old 02-06-2014, 11:39 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussA View Post
You are kidding right? It was a floating city out there from June on...
Do you really believe there was more fluke harvested in 2013 than 2012?The marinas/boats in my area missed the 1st month of the season.The ocean was cold early also.I agree NY has been screwed with lower fluke limits.N.Y.should have been bumped up to N.J regs.for 2014.

Last edited by TomKat; 02-06-2014 at 11:48 AM..
Old 02-06-2014, 11:58 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickrazz View Post
I was always taught that two wrongs don't make a right. No matter why the rules are made, they are still the rules. If you have no respect for the rules you have no respect for the fish, the sport or yourselves.
BS is right! This is a perfect example of the machiavelli theory divide and conquer and dissension among men. You have guys on this site that would throw you under the bus for a fish that's a 1/4 of an inch short.
I am as conservation minded as any level headed guy on this site, but what don`t these goody two shoes get.
Old 02-06-2014, 12:05 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickrazz View Post
Good to know that one of our sponsors and captains has a blatant disregard for the law.
Buddy what world do live in to disrespect one of the site sponsors or captains on this site because their opinion differs from yours.
I worked in Law Enforcement for 25 years and the system has become more like legalized mafia.It`s corrupt! The fix is in buddy smell the coffee or give me directions to your fantasy world.
Old 02-06-2014, 12:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomKat View Post
Do you really believe there was more fluke harvested in 2013 than 2012?The marinas/boats in my area missed the 1st month of the season.The ocean was cold early also.I agree NY has been screwed with lower fluke limits.N.Y.should have been bumped up to N.J regs.for 2014.
May traditionally sucks for most of NJ, it's really not until June when fluke start going good.

I saw just as many boats as years past and with your lower size limit, which your South Jersey counter parts wanted and got, is what caused you to over fish because everyone was limiting out daily, more so than when it was 6 at 18".
Old 02-06-2014, 01:09 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
May traditionally sucks for most of NJ, it's really not until June when fluke start going good.

I saw just as many boats as years past and with your lower size limit, which your South Jersey counter parts wanted and got, is what caused you to over fish because everyone was limiting out daily, more so than when it was 6 at 18".
The bay, channels, and rocks on weekdays was almost deserted!!!! The weekends were a bit crowded in the usual spots but for the most part no where near what it was in previous years. Everyone catching their limit is yet another false statement. Go look at most party boat posts and the term "limits" is not found like it is when bass fishing. The usual cast of good fisherman had their typical days of limits but as far as "everyone" thats just completely untrue not to mention most marinas including AH and the Highlands area were not even functional !!!!!!
Old 02-06-2014, 01:32 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:

Do you really think everyone was limiting out daily? I am not sure if you fish on Party boats, charter boats or a private boat, but that`s a little ridiculous. The back area of Raritan Bay sucked this year for fluke.
You have some valid points, but the absolutes have to go.
Old 02-06-2014, 02:00 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

well this sucks i dont get many keepers but now i think i will do what i want