NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Need help with waders - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJ Fishing.com Fishing Tips
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJ Fishing.com Fishing Tips Share your tips on fishing here.

Old 01-16-2017, 10:17 AM
NJFishing.com Member

Default Need help with waders

So i bought a pair of stocking foot waders for this year to go trout fishing. I had to buy the stocking foot version because i wear a size 14 and didn't want to spend $300 plus on a pair. So is there any type of footwear i can find or use to be able to go and walk the the streams without just the bear sock bottoms? I would really appreciate some help with this.
Old 01-16-2017, 03:55 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Need help with waders

I have a size 10 foot and can use size 12 or 13 sneaker. I guess you would need size 16 or 17 if they make them that big. Only alternative I can think of is rubber boots made to go over work boots...Charlie
Old 01-17-2017, 11:45 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Flats boots !
Old 01-19-2017, 12:54 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

They sell wading boots designed to get wet and dry for many cycles, I think mine are the korkers brand with interchangeable soles from felt to spikes to rubber, I haven't changed the felt ones out in a long time, unless I go for salmon or steelhead, then I put the spikes on, not sure if your post was a joke or not, but look up wading boots, I am a size 14, and got my zipper front stocking foot waders and boots from the unfortunately closed now Effingers. Good luck, larger sneakers will work but won't last as long, walk in stocking foot only and you will leak reallllly fast, or bust your ass.
www.quality1stcompanies.com
Old 01-19-2017, 01:23 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

My Red Ball wading boots from 1977 wore out so I replaced them with Borger Boots designed by Gary Borger. Both have felt soles for wading. Get the boots three sizes bigger and wear a neoprene sock between the stocking foot and the wading boot. An alternative would be a heavy wool sock on the outside of the stocking foot waders. Otherwise the stocking foot wader will leak. My Red Ball stocking foot waders bought in 1977 still have not leaked.