NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

3 Out Of 3 Tackle Shop Owners Agree, Swing Hooks Work Best - Page 3 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Bait and Tackle Talk
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Bait and Tackle Talk Use this board to talk about Bait and Tackle and see offers from our Bait and Tackle Sponsors

Old 08-24-2012, 07:24 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: 3 Out Of 3 Tackle Shop Owners Agree, Swing Hooks Work Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyCoast
Im in! I will see if we can find somebody. I think having 1/2 do each together would be a better comparison. You know how the bite changes. It may be unfair, if we were to do it at different parts of the trip.

Im in, as a trailer hook, no swinging. I use a trailer, that goes directly on to the fixed hook. Its not an assist hook, but rather the 2nd hook is slipped right over the fixed hook. I have used as many as 3 hooks with whole squid!

Lets see if we can make this happen! Still, I do agree that a swing hook can be beneficial to the fish, as Kevin stated. I see the pros & cons to both sides. I will work on getting a boat to make this happen, if we can find enough guys to go. Lets get a list here. ( plus, it would be fun to meet everyone. )
I AGREE 110%, non & swing rig, fishing should be done together on the same drifts..
Old 09-08-2012, 07:47 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: 3 Out Of 3 Tackle Shop Owners Agree, Swing Hooks Work Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Zagorski
If someone can find a boat willing to host a bunch of NJF swingers and non swingers, I would be glad to help organize and promote it on the site.

Bucktailing only... First half of the day devoted to swinging and second to non swinging and we compare the hook up to landing ratios.

Could be fun but getting late in the season here so if not this year then maybe next.
Hi jerry the real test should be a side by side comparison with swingers and non-swingers side by side. Fluke bite diferently from tide change, wind, etc. a fair test is side by side during the same conditions..i am in for sure!!