NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Meeting with Tony Bogan - Page 6 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fisheries Management/Regulations
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fisheries Management/Regulations This board is closed for posting but will serve as an archieve for all Fisheries Management and Regulations posts from other boards.

Old 10-06-2009, 03:12 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Default Re: Meeting with Tony Bogan

I didn't join for one good reason

Fighting the comms will not solve the problem

We both have the same interest and that should be to save the fishing weather comm or rec.

The only true records of fish being caught is by the comm fisherman as they are regulated by NOAA. They have to have to get permission to go out and must leave within 48hrs. They also must have BoaTrax on their and pay for the servicce so they can be monitored.

No I am not a comm fisherman butI think if we are to share the ocean resources we should work together to save the fish.

The people on the board, who are making the decissions are not fisherman.

Just my thoughts
Old 10-06-2009, 06:22 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJP301
I didn't join for one good reason

Fighting the comms will not solve the problem

We both have the same interest and that should be to save the fishing weather comm or rec.

The only true records of fish being caught is by the comm fisherman as they are regulated by NOAA. They have to have to get permission to go out and must leave within 48hrs. They also must have BoaTrax on their and pay for the servicce so they can be monitored.

No I am not a comm fisherman butI think if we are to share the ocean resources we should work together to save the fish.

The people on the board, who are making the decissions are not fisherman.

Just my thoughts
Thanks for posting. Please do NOT take this personally its just an example and I dont want to use Sports posts again. Another key element of the meeting as this thread shows is the importance of sending a clear and informed message. Maybe all need to read the posts more slowly and thoroughly (myself included) as I think the online message system sometimes creates an avenue for re-active and quick response. Most of this thread is informative and point on and I know I will be using it for reference going forward.

No where is it being suggested from our meeting that this is a fight between the commercial and recreational fishermen. While there are varying opinions and debate, the sole purpose of the recreational fight is for recreational fishermen and the battle is with the NOAA, NMFS, SSC etc, at the FEDERAL Level to get flexibility in the Magnuson Stevens Act and fight for real science / data recording so that stock assesments and quotas are set properly. The best way to accomplish that in our opinion is to join up with the RFA who has been fighting for this for years and has a voice at the federal level. It has also NOT been stated from the meeting that MONEY is the sole answer, That LETTERS, E_MAILS are the sole answer or that JOINING the RFA is the sole answer.

The message is that a large "membership" of fishermen willing to get involved and act to fight against what is being handed down to us unfairly is required. To accomplish that goal we need to be more educated on what has been done, what can be done and where to place a concerted effort. All that is asked is do what you can, when you can and where you can in a constructive, informed manner.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:13 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Well said Dave!
Old 10-06-2009, 09:57 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

guys i have not been on much because school has been hectic but if anything gets organized/planned whatever or you need some help or whatever i'll do whatever i can, just shoot me an email as i check that more then i get on here as of late. this sea bass things pushed me over the edge we got to fight back HARDCORE!!!!

Murr722@gmail.com

THE REIGNING, DEFENDING, PUT UP OR SHUT UP
CHAMPION

Put Up or Shut Up IX Prelims winner

If you don't like fish thats "fishy" eat chicken.

"theres a million fine looking women in the world dude,but they dont all buy you st. croixs for your birthday,most of them just yell at ya for fishing to much."

"Murray's Law: The uglier a fish is, the better it tastes." - Lard Almighty

LAB,always in our hearts & ears