NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Number of Trips and /or sales in 2013 due to Hurricane Sandy - Page 3 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fisheries Management/Regulations
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fisheries Management/Regulations This board is closed for posting but will serve as an archieve for all Fisheries Management and Regulations posts from other boards.

View Poll Results: Number of trips and /0r sales for 2013 vs 2011/2012
Decreased 0 to 10% 5 6.25%
Decreased 10 to 25% 25 31.25%
Decreased 25 to 50% 27 33.75%
Decreased 50% or more 16 20.00%
Increased 0 to 10% 3 3.75%
Increased 10 to 25% 3 3.75%
Increased 25% or more 1 1.25%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-12-2014, 06:09 PM
Site Sponsor

Default Re: Number of Trips and /or sales in 2013 due to Hurricane Sandy

We were up, but it was also due to new customers who had lost their boats due to Sandy and the fact that some of the marinas in the spring were unable to open until mid summer.
http://www.bndcharterfishing.com
https://www.facebook.com/Fisher-Pric...3803312657223/

Sailing daily from Twin Lights Marina, Highlands.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:53 AM
Cindy Sea

25% off. worst year in 10 years!!
Old 01-14-2014, 05:34 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

We were way down 2013, due to the amount of repeat people that come down for vacation that either had there normal vacation spots detroyed or they could not find a place. NY and Gov Coumo gave charter boats in NY money for lost revenue for the end of 2012 but not to bash the big guy NJ did nothing that I am aware of
Old 01-15-2014, 08:23 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs down Re: Number of Trips and /or sales in 2013 due to Hurricane Sandy

Off a Solid 25%...... :-(
Old 01-16-2014, 05:38 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thanks to all those who voted, replied and pushed for support. You know who you are.

Update: Although I unfortunately could not make the meeting Monday our network AKA Henry Landau (Jakesdad) and Ron Tressel made sure the survey results (73% so far suffered a loss between 10% to over 50%) were noted and recorded in the meeting minutes. Thanks Henry and Ron, these guys are always there to attend a meeting, help at shows etc and are true ambassadors to Fluke fishing.

Glad to see more for Hire Capts on the poll and hearing your comments.
Would love to have had hundreds of replies / poll response but will settle for what we get by end of month. Still tells a story.

Gerry, if you don't mind let this run until the end of the month as I want to send the results in the public comment by Jan 24th as well as to our elected officials.

Capt Mark: Agree that Cuomo has done more to date than Gov Christie. I seem to remember during Sandy Recovery speeches that retribution for loss in your industry was possible. You (for Hire) guys would know more than me if that is possible and how to get it. What I do know is that in the State of the State address Christie made comment that he wont rest until all affected by Sandy are restored to normal.

Goal is to find out how allowing REDUCTION of our season, bag limits and fishing opportunities will return the fishing community that suffered big time to "NORMAL". Let alone the Flawed Data.

Not sure if this will get anywhere but like staying at the rail when "catching" sucks we have to stay at the fight and win or go down trying.
Old 01-17-2014, 12:02 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

After having gone to the meeting, I once again felt like I was banging my head against a brick wall. The fed's send one person to the meeting to record what is said. No one of any authority has the balls to show up.

I sell a t- shirt in my shop of a Albert Einstein quote, I think this fits perfectly:

"IF THE FACTS DON'T FIT THE THEORY, CHANGE THE FACTS

The monies spent by SSFFF, to produce correct data on mortality rates of fluke, that had been accepted the past couple of years has been thrown out, and a completely flawed number has replaced it. Our quota's are based on whatever they feel it should be, not what science has proven it to be.

Sorry for the rant, but after the other night I know why people don't attend,
Hopefully it was not a waste of everyone's time.

Henry
Old 01-20-2014, 02:07 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Our dock in Sewaren is still not rebuilt!The Jackpot was hit hard with over100k in damages.The boat was not fixed until Oct .Total bust for2013.

100 Ton Master
Semi Retired