NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

2017-2018 nhl season........ - Page 29 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Non Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Non Fishing Use this board to post non fishing related information. The same rules apply here as the other boards. Behave or your post will be removed along with your posting priviledges.

Old 03-07-2018, 07:31 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: 2017-2018 nhl season........

I always said Nash was worth 1/2 the salary he was getting.... and was worthless come playoff time...

Last night was sad to watch no one able to bury the puck with so many chances Gorton better be looking for some real goal scorers for next season among everything else for this "rebuild" !!

And if AV isn't booted out after the final game we have no chance of going anywhere
Old 03-08-2018, 05:28 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

id say ya made out ok at the deadline. nemesnikov will get playing time in ny and he is fast . not the biggest guy but this is the new nhl. ya got a bunch of pics to use or trade. personally id like to see ya build down the middle in the center position but that's me . some of my ranger buddies say go after Tavares but im not big into that move. I agree somewhat with the coaching issues but id rather see lindy ruff run the powerplay not the dee . this "retooling" may not take years to pay off. ya have some good pieces in place . question is by the time this come to fruition how old will lundquist be . I like skjei on defense . I like the retool mindset. not a complete rebuild .

its been a little crazy year-
vegas need I say more,
montreal- sorry bill I know. bergevin should go before the rangers front office I feel.
my stars- still would like one more shutdown dee. I would have liked ian cole for shot blocking
rangers- its not totally terrible
Edmonton- needs speed, who can play with mcdavid. biggest disapointment
devils- I hate to admit it but a nice surprise, taylor hall mvp , without him there a different team
boston- I had them missing the playoffs but im a beliver now. mcavoy will hurt when it come to playoff . hopefully he is back. personally I wanna see boston Toronto in conference finals.
Nashville -is my west pic now
Colorado- seems after they got thru that Duchene mess there more focused. good for them.
sj- kane will help but im not sold on them past second round
Anaheim- this team was wrecked with injuries early on. they could go deep but in the end its Nashville

guys great to talk hockey with ya all. its a great sport and I wish , at 43 years old, I could still play without getting killed.
my biggest wish for this spring is for the NHL not toschedule any playoff games in the afternoon. it will cut into fishing time
Old 03-09-2018, 06:58 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Last night's game against TB was tough to watch... geeez... right from start, TB SOG 17-0 .... it was like a shooting gallery... absolutely no D to help Hank at all get blasted from all over.... like a pond hockey team playing against the pros.
You could see how disgusted Hank was he had to skate over to the bench and complain he was getting ZERO support out there...

We have some good players but bad coaching...

If this horrendous (non) coaching staff isn't gone by this Summer all these new kids will have no chance, I don't care who we get in the draft
Old 03-09-2018, 07:40 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

yes a very tuff game to watch,same old thing.out shot,out skated and out played.was good to see gerardi & cali doing well and it looks like jt found a spot
too.i too like the retooling i just hope they give it the time to grow.as far as hank goes,he is a game to game player.
Old 03-09-2018, 08:33 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Doesn't matter who we trade or draft, we will not go anywhere with AV's "system". He's more worried about what suit he will wear to the game, then how badly this team is managed!!
Old 03-09-2018, 09:23 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Oh boy the Blueshirt babies are crying again...geez if worst GM in the league MB made some moves to retool the Habs like the Rangers at the deadline...

Riz was “on target” before the season about Montreal. Last night shut out by Montreal native Roberto Luongo 5-0 (their 10th shut out loss this season). Worst road record in the league. An aging and injured Carey Price and Shea Weber, both tied up to contracts for 8 more years...Radulov and PK playing great for other teams.

I’m out on Anaheim on business but the Ducks are away this week. Thinking about catching an LA Kings game over the weekend.
Old 03-09-2018, 10:03 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

llya kovalchuck to rangers!!!!!!! perfect a 34 year old forward,just what we need.i hope its just rumors.
Old 03-09-2018, 03:25 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunker dunker View Post
llya kovalchuck to rangers!!!!!!! perfect a 34 year old forward,just what we need.i hope its just rumors.
You got that right BD.... NO MORE PAST THEIR PRIME VETERANS!!! Haven't we learned our lesson yet!!!
Old 03-09-2018, 08:34 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

ice cream bill is right . im shocked bergevin is still around. stay loyal bill .... better days comin. im a stars fan trust me . how many stars or old Minesota north star fans ya know
Old 03-10-2018, 08:24 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Your'e the only one I know around here Riz

I used to like the MNS Jersey back then .....