NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

The "Best of 2014" thread. - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Best Of
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Best Of This board will be locked from posting and will be used to archive the best posts from the main board.

Old 12-09-2014, 01:30 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: The "Best of 2014" thread.

Good group of guys and grey fisherman on here good job all

Old 12-09-2014, 01:31 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Oh yea skunk what a great photo app
Old 12-09-2014, 03:35 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

2014 was a great year!

The year started off being reintroduced to hard water fishing after too long of a time.

In early spring The Mugger came along which quickly lead to a walleye addiction and also put an end to the notorious skunking at Monksville.

Had a solid spring striper run and an epic fall run in the ocean and on the Hack. Summer salt was typical catching the usual NJ inshore suspects. Got my fist trigger.

And 3 PB's within a 7 day time frame was something to remember also.

Thanks to the whole NJFishing crew. The Ice, The Mugger, the eye's, and the Monksville conquest would of never happened if wasn't for the maniacs in this group!

Gustard Wood
Tidewater 216

Last edited by ScowardNJ; 12-09-2014 at 03:56 PM..
Old 12-10-2014, 12:46 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Great lookin pics all around fellaz!!! Felt like it was a lil slow catching, but def can't complain with a lot of crazy & cool memories.

So mainly targeting pike, here's a few landed this year. The skinny one was kind of a pb because I caught it with my bare hands! No bait, no hooks, no net! Even though my actual pb is 18lbs,(not 2014), it was great to experience.
Also are some largemouth that seemed hearty but still not close to my pb @7lbs.
I've been fishing for 3 years now & though they aren't close to pics produced, some are like fishing milestones for me,lol.! But still great to hook into a new type of fish, whatever it might be. So here's my only 2 walleyes & best 2 stripers so far. Def will be seeking more next year.
Tight linez fellaz, lets see dem pics!!!

Last edited by Esox Luciano; 12-10-2014 at 12:51 AM..
Old 12-10-2014, 10:01 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Ahhh so goes by another year...

Officially this year my fishing started in July .... before that I rarely got out having taking a very very long rest. I think last time I was out fishing was back in 98.

Anyways ...since I am too lazy to organize all the pictures I have here is a quick run down of what the year had in store for me.

Finally managed to get the bass out of Farrington ...finally ...last time I caught one there was back in 97 so its been a long way coming.

2 PB chain pickerels also from Farrington 26 and 27 inches.

First salmon, trout and steel courtesy of the Pulaski and Olcott runs

First hybrid courtesy of the Spruce run and some insight from folks here.

Pretty much the whole time fishing was a first after first and surprise after surprise ....

Big big thanks to everyone here. I am yet to meet most of you crazy lunatics but it just a matter of time.

I guess two best stories of the season were discovering a small channel by my house in summer that was loaded with carp. And when I say loaded ...it was loaded. Were pulling them out on average one every 5 minutes on a very secret bait that I know no one ever used before and will call me a liar ....LoL ...at least that's what my friends did until I show them the spot and how its done ....

Second best story was courtesy of some lake in Monticello. Got there on Friday night and left 4 lines overnight. Not on reels mind you just tied them up to the pier. Next morning 3 lines had some catfish on them and 4th one was snapped. Took my friends boat out and spend all morning on the lake without so much of a bite. Finally when I decided to wrap it up ...I got the hit I been waiting for ..... After a brief struggle managed to land a golden carp ...about 9lbs. On a lure... Wtf I thought to myself ....how that even happened... Went to remove it and saw that lure caught against a small tree branch and not the fish... Around the tree branch a line was wrapped around and that was the line that had a fish on ...Better yet after looking at that line t turned out it was the same one that I left overnight and was snapped.... That's right fish ....you cannot get away from me no matter how you try ...

Overall ....looking toward some ice fishing with you all

Tight Lines

Andre
Old 12-10-2014, 04:33 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrushkin33 View Post
Were pulling them out on average one every 5 minutes on a very secret bait that I know no one ever used before and will call me a liar ....LoL ...at least that's what my friends did until I show them the spot and how its done ....
frosted mini wheats by any chance?
Old 12-10-2014, 04:43 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Talking Re: The "Best of 2014" thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevejordan View Post
frosted mini wheats by any chance?
Michigan cricket!!!!!!!! Oooooooops, shouldn't have said that. Now everyone will know the secret bait.......................
Old 12-10-2014, 05:39 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

~*~ LoL ~*~

All valid and good ideas but not quite.... Actually it was mulberries...

I know I know I wouldn't belive it either but those sucker would not take anything but those mulberries ... They come out from Raritan to spawn and all I have around this canal is mulberries trees ... I saw them feeding on them when berries dropped in water so I tried it out and man it worked like magic .... Both on carp and catfish .... I doubt it would work in other areas though. If I find the videos ill post it to prove it but for now just take my word on this.

Andre
Old 12-11-2014, 09:00 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

All great pics guys. Shows whats possible in our little state. Keep em coming!

16' MirroCraft V-Hull
12.5' Perception Sport Sound
10' Pelican Pursuit
Clam Kenai Pro
Instagram: rjjasonek
Old 12-11-2014, 10:13 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I had many great experiences this year, most of which I was fortunate enough to catch on video. Just a few of my favorites:

On May 12, I fished the Raritan in hopes of hooking a big smallmouth. I did just that, but was also surprised when a 13-lb carp tried to make off with my grub.

On May 31, I went to a lake I never fished before and knew noting about, with a lure I had never used before, and proceeded to hammer largemouths one after the other.

On June 14, My dad and I fished Lake Otsego in Cooperstown, and in a rare occurrence, dear old Dad wiped the floor with me at my own game.

On June 28 and 29, I fished two Connecticut lakes with the Bassmaster Classic runner-up. Probably the closest I will ever get to fishing the Classic myself.

Of course I also went on my annual float trips on the Delaware, with each trip yielding excellent fish and good times. Plus a few walleye fillets as a bonus.

I won't post links to each individual video, you can check them all out at my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOG...XYidJay9irG9Zw

Here's hoping that 2015 yields even more great memories out on the water!
Cause on a day like today there's one place I gotta be:
GONE FISHIN'

Fishing with LardAlmighty on YouTube