NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Multi Function Castable mini Planer Boards - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJ Fishing.com Fishing Tips
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJ Fishing.com Fishing Tips Share your tips on fishing here.

Old 01-22-2014, 05:01 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Default Multi Function Castable mini Planer Boards

I have been working hard for 10 years to make a planing fishing float that can cover all the bases. My goal is to license the patent. I do not sell them yet because i have not figured out pricing. I may see what they bring on eBay??? I call them ProwlerPlaners. They are very hard to make and I have a very high scrap rate. Machining high density Styrofoam is difficult because it melts on dill bits and worse yet on the band saw. I have to go very slow and back out many times to keep from melting them.

They can do it all! - for casting and retrieving, trolling or river fishing – fish from shore, anchored, drifting or trolling - slip rigged or fixed depth - steer them anywhere you want down stream or set it and forget it in the current - flip direction when given a little tug or plane just one direction by moving the weight to a keel - steer under trees or docks and come back out - troll from shore - put in the hydrofoil for high speed walking, paddling, currents or trolling! Fishing in rivers with wicked currents and eddies is a riot but they can help catch fish in many ways.

They can they can pull BIG lures for their size. They cut a furl like a water skier cuts out to the side of the boat with the hydrofoil.

They can handle fairly big lures for their size!

Here are a couple 3" Prowlers pulling a 4.5" lures.

Best Fishes
Old 04-28-2016, 07:26 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Question Re: Multi Function Castable mini Planer Boards

have you ever had fish strike the planer itself ? how durable are they against the rocks in a river?
Old 05-19-2018, 01:12 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Multi Function Castable mini Planer Boards

The pictures are not available but you might be able to get away without using high density styrofoam. There are lots of light plastics that might work. I have a set of large AZEC planer boards that rides very high and can carry several pounds of lures.
Old 06-01-2018, 06:35 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Multi Function Castable mini Planer Boards

They've been around for a long, long time. The walleye guys on the West Coast have been using them for decades. I'd like to try some myself. When the fish are shallow, they're deadly and easier to use than a standard planer board.

Meat Hunter "Get ON the MEAT, stay on the MEAT, and FRY the MEAT"